Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25908 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 22:50:42 »

Utter shite. We got murdered 1st half due to cooper's tactical ineptitude. Why play so open against a team so in form when we've not played well for about 2 months? It was asking for it.

As others have said, we only got back in the game via wolves massively relaxing 2nd half, not via us actually being any good.

Credit to Jay, Pritchard and smith for putting in good shifts despite things not always coming off.

Luongo looks like a different (much much worse) player over the past few months.

Special mention to Ryan harley for being possibly the biggest pussy I've ever seen on a swindon shirt. The bloke bottles tackles like I don't recall seeing any other league 1 centre mid do. He has ability, but slows everything down to a snails pace. Man up or just fucking quit the game if you don't fancy it FFS.

things need to change on a big way, otherwise without the likes of prichard, ranger and others we're going to be fucked next season, which is a disgrace to be saying, because we really should still be in the play off hunt this season.

Cooper out.
Shut up you miserable git, especially with your "others said" crap
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:00:54 »

Shut up you miserable git, especially with your "others said" crap

Ummm, others did say that prior to me. Why is that offensive?

And I'm miserable because my football team have been shit for at least 2 months now and have thown away the chance of making the play offs.

Any excuses of "this is where we expected to finish" etc are total bullshit and the acceptance of medicority.

There was no particular disgrace in losing to that wolves team tonight - 1st half they were the best side ive seen this season. But we didnt put up a fight until we were 3-0 down and they had relaxed 2nd half. More soft goals conceded and slow, ponderous possesion that often led nowhere.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:01:41 »

Well we gave Wolves a 3-0 head start, a combination of us playing like twats and them playing us off the park, mind you I didn't expect us to win but I did expect us to put up some form of fight. They should be top of the league and walking it with their expensis, but we could have at least had a go at them. Second half we improved/they took their foot off the gas and we scored to give us some hope, but always a lost cause - thought Jay McEveley put in a good shift tonight and Pritch looked good tonight. Luongo and Harley poor again for me. I think you have your work cut out Mr Cooper to turn this around and I hope you stress the importance of Saturday, derby or no derby!

#VivaKenBarlow!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:15:27 »

Branco good ward shit, TAH and Branco Saturday please, jay good, luongo shit Harley shit Pritchard good Thompson ok smith worked hard, like Belford has abit of passion, n'guessan didn't want to be there you could see that as soon as he walked out the tunnel heads were down, need to win Saturday or copper won't win the fans back who a fikle bunch. Hopefully next season will work out better,
How a player can stand on the pitch and spit at another and not get a red card or a smack in the face I don't know, it's the lowest of the low, he deserves more than what alan pardew got, joke!!! The FA should look into it, Dermot Gallagher the ref assor was there agin tonight so let's hope somthing is done about it. Disgusting.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:17:36 »

If we'd beaten Franchise on Saturday we'd still be 7th, 5 points behind P'boro'. As it is we're 5pts. adrift of Dongs and 8 off P'Boro.

Whoever said that losing to Franchise on saturday was the real end of our season was right. Now a period of forward thinking can occur.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:27:48 »

Ok here I my thoughts:

First half Wolves dominated. First goal Byrne made a mistake with a weak clearance that should have been row Z but didn't go out of play, but the ball in was very good and we didn't really pressure them for it.

Much like Walsall, Wolves had us sussed at the back. Whereas Walsall got down the wings to tear us a new one, Wolves went central. They ran from deep and simply outpaced our defence. I can't blame Ward for being slower - he just is - but they did it for two more goals and a few other times too. We should have worked it out. In fact it could have been 5-0 at half time, they hit the post and put another good chance over. We were limited to a few long shots and a Pritchard effort palmed wide, but Wolves were comfortable.

Second half, as so often happens when a team dominates in the way Wolves did, they took their foot off the gas and got the cigars out. And that nearly lead to giving them a bit of a scare. We were already looking the better team - Thompson (?) fired across goal when he should have squared and we knocked on the door but Wolves didn't let us in.

However Smith turned neatly in the box and finished well. Then for the last 20 it was us that dominated. We so nearly made it 3-2 with the header that hit the underside of the bar, and that would have set up an uncomfortable finish for Wolves, but it didn't go in. Then wanker came on and scored. And that was that.

But importantly when we played well the fans re-engaged with the team an got behind them, and although it was a poorish performance the fact we did well for the final 20 minutes made me feel a whole lot more optimistic for Saturday.

Plus points: Pritchard was bright, Smith worked hard, J Mac was MoM by a country mile. and there may yet be a player in Barker yet.

Bad points: Too easily picked off in first half. Harley is trying, but is too pedestrian and may have been a crab in a previous life moving everything sideways. Luongo was largely poor again an gave the ball away too much,  and we always try to play down the middle of the pitch which is easily contained by a competent defence.

edit: Oh yeah, what the fuck happened to DNG. He was superb against Peterborough with his workrate but can't be arsed now. And to think I defended the fucker when he was placed on the transfer list. grrr.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:30:55 by Batch » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:29:37 »

Ok here I my thoughts:

First half Wolves dominated. First goal Byrne made a mistake with a weak clearance that should have been row Z but didn't go out of play, but the ball in was very good and we didn't really pressure them for it.

Much like Walsall, Wolves had us sussed at the back. Whereas Walsall got down the wings to tear us a new one, Wolves went central. They ran from deep and simply outpaced our defence. I can't blame Ward for being slower - he just is - but they did it for two more goals and a few other times too. We should have worked it out. In fact it could have been 5-0 at half time, they hit the post and put another good chance over. We were limited to a few long shots and a Pritchard effort palmed wide, but Wolves were comfortable.

Second half, as so often happens when a team dominates in the way Wolves did, they took their foot off the gas and got the cigars out. And that nearly lead to giving them a bit of a scare. We were already looking the better team - Thompson (?) fired across goal when he should have squared and we knocked on the door but Wolves didn't let us in.

However Smith turned neatly in the box and finished well. Then for the last 20 it was us that dominated. We so nearly made it 3-2 with the header that hit the underside of the bar, and that would have set up an uncomfortable finish for Wolves, but it didn't go in. Then wanker came on and scored. And that was that.

But importantly when we played well the fans re-engaged with the team an got behind them, and although it was a poorish performance the fact we did well for the final 20 minutes made me feel a whole lot more optimistic for Saturday.

Plus points: Pritchard was bright, Smith worked hard, J Mac was MoM by a country mile. and there may yet be a player in Barker yet.

Bad points: Too easily picked off in first half. Harley is trying, but is too pedestrian and may have been a crab in a previous life moving everything sideways. Luongo was largely poor again an gave the ball away too much,  and we always try to play down the middle of the pitch which is easily contained by a competent defence.

Agree with that.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:35:00 »

Wolves are the best side I've seen at this level for years.

Their second and third goals were class.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 23:44:44 »

Jay Mac was bloody fantastic, is it unfashionable to award a defender a MOM award? Granted, Pritchard was a real handful in the 2nd half, but for me a barely fit Jay Mac was streets ahead.

I'm glad we made a go of it in the 2nd half, Despite the result I found myself enjoying the game.
Bit sadistic but I quite enjoyed tonight too, Got to admire their 1st half performance and although they took their foot off the gas at least we gave it a bit of a go 2nd half. Their support was good in numbers but was expecting them to be really loud throughout which didn't happen. Until tonight Walsall were the best side I've seen at our place this season but Wolves were a level above anyone else.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:07:01 »

I wish Cooper would stop Ward being slow and cumbersome, Harley being a pussy, others putting no effort in, people being injured, virtually all our defenders making such stupid errors they cost us goals week in, week out, and our squad having no strength in depth.

There are a lot more factors contributing to our form than the manager - he's just the easiest/laziest target.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:15:32 »

Ummm, others did say that prior to me. Why is that offensive?

And I'm miserable because my football team have been shit for at least 2 months now and have thown away the chance of making the play offs.

Any excuses of "this is where we expected to finish" etc are total bullshit and the acceptance of medicority.

There was no particular disgrace in losing to that wolves team tonight - 1st half they were the best side ive seen this season. But we didnt put up a fight until we were 3-0 down and they had relaxed 2nd half. More soft goals conceded and slow, ponderous possesion that often led nowhere.

I wouldn't worry to much. Anybody that disagrees with O Ms theory of, Everything In The Gardens Rosey, is automatically a, miserable git.
Which must now include The Town End after their chants of "What a load of rubbish" and "boring boring" 
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:41:09 »

Not read back yet but here is my take on the game-

Wolves are top of the league for a reason- they are better than the rest of the league by a country mile. The first half last night proved this. We weren't good in the first half BUT, we have played much worse football this season. It didn't deserve the boos and 'What a load of rubbish' chant that it got. Wolves made more space than we did and used it effectively. 3 goals effectively.

Second half was more like the game at Molineux. We seemed to have found the desire we left in the changing room for the first half. I enjoyed our play for most of the last 45+ minutes- until The Cunt scored Angry

I got a bit frustrated with the way our moves up the wings seemed to slow down or stop once we had got accross the half way line. On a few occasions Byrne was moving forward with lots of space in front but stopped hsi run to look for an out ball. I think it was because there was noone bombing forward in the middle to give him a reason to get further up the pitch and put a cross in. When he did, generally his crossing was good.

Jay was my MOTM. He should be our next Captain.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:46:26 »

Well that was crap wasnt it.

Put to the sword.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:55:55 »

Well they smashed us.

Cut through us like a knife through butter.

They were very very good and despite my poor rating of Cooper, i think a better formation with our better players with a better manager would of struggled to cope with them, at least until they switched off.

The lack of anything ...fight, idea, battle, nous, tactical changes etc until the game was over on 80 minutes was a frustration, as was that cunt Clarke scoring.

I have been called a moany, angry, negative cunt (all true) for the last few weeks but i would like someone to point out ANY positives from last night with the exception of Smiths well taken goal.

We need 6-8 points from somewhere and i dont know where they are coming from.

The thought of getting smashed to fuck at the slavetraders with the game ending with them only 3 points behind us, fills me with dread....we will see...hope springs eternal...

Clems Army!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 08:00:52 »

And I once had a student teacher in my class called Sonia Dick (completely true).

Ther is/ was a Dick family with a daughter called Ophelia and a son called Everard. ISYN!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: