Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5190 times)
Empathy Sloth

« on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:36:04 »

If a company cut it's budget by almost 50% how it would fare? We've done remarkably well with a drastic budget cut, an almost entirely new squad made up of inexperienced young players and cast offs. We've got a manager who has no freedom to sign his own players, or play his own way. If we finish top half it's been a good season.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:37:06 »

Oh and we've had terrible luck with injuries/suspensions.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:41:36 »

A somewhat more balanced view. Expectations can be horrible sometimes.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:46:43 »

If I win the Euromillions I'm starting a club where to be a fan you have to pass an IQ test. It would avoid situations likes this arising.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:48:01 »

If I win the Euromillions I'm starting a club where to be a fan you have to pass an IQ test. It would avoid situations likes this arising.

What about if you are a follower/supporter rather than a fan?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:50:55 »

Empathy Sloth

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:51:25 »

Pass the test/pay the membership and you're free to be armchair fan if you want.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:55:14 »

If we finish top half it's been a good season.

And if we dont ?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:56:17 »

And if we dont ?
it's been a bad season I presume
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:56:35 »

And what about if you are paying customer? If you run a bank or a power company, you can dish up shit and retain your customers. However Town are in the entertainment business. Customers will be walking with their feet at the end of this season. Leaving you clever ones and the ones who don't go to pick up the pieces.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:56:41 »

Still an acceptable season under the circumstances
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:58:38 »

And what about if you are paying customer? If you run a bank or a power company, you can dish up shit and retain your customers. However Town are in the entertainment business. Customers will be walking with their feet at the end of this season. Leaving you clever ones and the ones who don't go to pick up the pieces.
This 'philosophy' that Power wants takes time. Ferguson took a few years to really get going at Man Utd. Crewe persist with the same philosophy and have some good seasons, some ok seasons, some bad seasons. And we're nowhere near the Crewe extremes with regards to recruitment/philosophy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:00:42 »

it's been a bad season I presume

No a bad season would be getting relegated...we've a very decent chance of avoiding that.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:15:00 »

The club would have a really self-indulgent name too, and our nickname would be The Smug.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:18:15 »

Oh and we've had terrible luck with injuries/suspensions.
We've not had bad lick with suspensions. We've got a bunch of gobby players who do stupid fouls. As for injuries, then you can't expect players in their first season to play the season out so its not unexpected. It wasn't unexpected that Troy or Jay would play little or that Mason was a sicknote. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: