Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21444 times)
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:22:05 »

Exactly and as both Ranger and Mason (and Pritchard) are unlikely to be here next Swindon, what's currently on show as replacements is what we're left with.  It doesn't bode particularly well.
That's on the assumption that we don't sign ANY replacements for those three!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:22:47 »

On the positive side the Scummers lost again and their regular post X Mas fuck up appears to be in full flow again.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:23:36 »

Mason and Pritchard have been widely criticised anyway so will they be missed that much?

Ranger could well be here next season but if not we will at least be compensated.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:26:48 »

It doesn't really work claiming 45 years of loyalty if you're going to throw it all in on the basis of a narrow loss in a near meaningless game.
carlisle at home was our last decent performance (not result ) and I'm bored.
It's crap football pure and simple and in all that time I've seen some crap to compare it too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:28:13 »

As for their 2nd goal, we backed off and backed off and the bloke could hit it wherever he wanted and struck it beautifully but there were no fucking challenges.

I know he's carrying an injury but did J-Mac look totally immobile to anyone else? I rate him, sure he has his off days but today he looked plain injured.

Maybe it was just me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:33:11 »

I know he's carrying an injury but did J-Mac look totally immobile to anyone else? I rate him, sure he has his off days but today he looked plain injured.

Maybe it was just me.
Nope, we all said that too. Was poor when he came on, but that's Cooper's fault for bringing on a player who's plainly carrying an injury, not the player's for trying his best when clearly not at full fitness. Wasn't he supposed to be going in for an op?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:35:14 »

Maybe it was just me.

No he didnt look 100% or anywhere near it

Odd he was even on bench as plainly not ready to play
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:36:18 »

Maybe it was just me.

Agree with that, got chucked on with no warm up into the sharp end of a game and clearly struggling with injury having to defend against a pacy winger. Cooper admitted Jay needs knee op at some point. Shame for him, as when he's fit, he's a capable left back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:39:14 »

Nope, we all said that too. Was poor when he came on, but that's Cooper's fault for bringing on a player who's plainly carrying an injury, not the player's for trying his best when clearly not at full fitness. Wasn't he supposed to be going in for an op?

Or the player overstating his fitness, I think he's fairly competitive and wants to play. Or the medical staff OK'ing him. Damn, now I'm sticking up for Cooper Smiley

Point is, with Nate out, and possibly J-Mac, we have a problem for Tuesday (Barthram and Byrne for me).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:41:12 »

Or the player overstating his fitness, I think he's fairly competitive and wants to play. Or the medical staff OK'ing him. Damn, now I'm sticking up for Cooper Smiley
Well if we could all see he wasn't 100% from a few minutes of him coming on, I'd hope that the professional coaching/medical staff would be much better placed to see that for themselves from having seen him all week in training (or in the physio room, as appropriate)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:42:54 »

That's on the assumption that we don't sign ANY replacements for those three!

And based on the quality of players that have been brought in over recent weeks, that doesn't bode well either!

Said the same, he ran awkwardly across the pitch when he came on.  Don't think Kasim should have been playing either to be honest.  He looked knackered from about 20 mins in.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:43:31 »

Why not give Matty Jones a go at left back. Byrne is no left back. Pitch him in for 3-4 games and see whether he can make the step up. In fact, as long as we get to 52, pitch a few youngsters in and drop all the players who won't be here next season.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 21:12:59 »

Can't really say anything that differs from what I've read on here. So here's this video to cheer you all up

http://www.mamamia.com.au/rogue/benny-hill-rave-dancers/
adje

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 21:22:24 »

Gave the ball away for too often esp in midfield,
Decision making is fucking awful at times no matter who the player - 3/4 times in that 2nd half Pritch was in acres of space on the wing only for the ball to fuck about sideways/back/sideways etc before finally being played out wide by which time they had numbers back.
Defensively they were shocking and the same could be said offensively too.

Town end was devoid of any atmosphere, I looked around at nil all and ppl were sat ( yes sat ) playing on their phones or betting.

Wolves WILL tear us a new one Tuesday as will Preston/Sheff Utd/Brentford and Rovrum.
Not looking forward to any of those games.

What,like they did in the away games?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 21:43:17 »

Why not give Matty Jones a go at left back. Byrne is no left back. Pitch him in for 3-4 games and see whether he can make the step up. In fact, as long as we get to 52, pitch a few youngsters in and drop all the players who won't be here next season.

Hasn't he just gone out on loan?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: