Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21452 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:36:41 »

Yet another pile of dogshit. Because we are incapable of putting the ball in the net, Crawley did it for us and now the Dongers keeper did his best for us. Despite this yet again we dropped deeper and deeper and the inevitable happened, they equalised. It was the only corner in the game I remember beating the first man and their unmarked guy didn't have to jump to head it in. They should have had a winner a few minutes before they did but their guy fucked up one on one with Belford who saved well. As for their 2nd goal, we backed off and backed off and the bloke could hit it wherever he wanted and struck it beautifully but there were no fucking challenges.
When it was 1-1 when attacking we regularly had 4-5 players back against their one. Like other home games recently we always have so many fucking players behind the ball or doing fuck all.
We are a very negative aside and how Cooper says we lost the game trying to win is beyond me. We lost the game because we were boring and negative. If their keeper hadn't fucked up we would have been there all night and tomorrow and still not scored.
Franchise were a very ordinary team but they didn't need to be anything else. Again, we are so slow on the ball its easy for them to regroup and their defence was fucking useless.    
The whole match day experience is fucking crap at the moment. The St readers on the gate were down again. There is no get up and go about the place. There is no buzz and the quality of football is bollocks and on a par with Hart / Malpas.
I'm going to renew the ST but only because its what I do but I can see a lot that won't.
If we're going to keep the "system" then heaven help us next season. STFC currently are better than any sedative.  
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:38:27 »

how Cooper says we lost the game trying to win is beyond me.  
He didn't?  Huh?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:41:16 »

Cooper -

Dropped to deep, Kasim tired.

We tried to win the game and left ourselves exposed

From shaw Rosso
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:58:05 »

Game should have been sewn up after an hour. Poor decision making in and around their box, too many times we ran into blind alleys.

I expected Smith to push after his goal but he fizzled out, one opportunity in the second when Pritchard was wide and you would expect him to be busting to get in the 6 yard box and he's outside the penalty area. Not sure he's suited to our passing game and would be better in a more direct side. There were some other reasonable performances but we badly ran out of ideas and legs.

Cooper seems to be clutching at straws with his tactics. Try this for a couple of games, then something else. Next year he needs to be stronger in his own mind, focus on a good pre season fitness wise and establish discipline and responsibility on and off the pitch. Can't keep using the kids response week in week out and they need to grow up at some point.

We should have enough to grind out some wins along the way. Results don't always go as expected (otherwise we'd all win football accumlators every Saturday)so we could easily turn over some of the promotion chasing teams. Not all doom and gloom quite yet!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:58:12 »

Cooper -

Dropped to deep, Kasim tired.

We tried to win the game and left ourselves exposed

From shaw Rosso

The words of Cooper

"We dropped too deep and conceded too much ground, Saying that, we concede from a free header from a corner and we try to win the game and leave ourselves a little bit exposed.

"We're not quite there yet. We should have killed the game off at the start of the second half but we didn't have the killer instinct to finish it. We should be sat here with a few more points but we're not."
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:07:23 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:00:37 »

The game plan all season has been to to have a target man capable of holding the ball and bringing our group of midfielders into the game around the opposition's penalty area. When the current incumbent has the first touch of a trampoline, attacks are always going to lack fluidity and possession surrendered. Becomes particularly obvious when players are getting tired in the second half and have absolutely no outlet.

Frustrating second half and result but the writing has been on the wall since the end of January. We are a top half team but simply don't have the personnel without Ranger (and an on-form Mason) to be anything more.

On the bright side, Louis Thompson has kicked on this season. Thought he was decent again today.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:06:00 »

Frustrating second half and result but the writing has been on the wall since the end of January. We are a top half team but simply don't have the personnel without Ranger (and an on-form Mason) to be anything more.

But the players we have bought in are Coopers Powers choices and if they arent good enough then why the fuck are they here.
Its obv that Smith isnt a Ranger so why persist with a game plan/style that requires a Ranger  Roll Eyes
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:06:12 »

I can't imagine you'll be missed by anyone
Unlike you im there every home game so my money will be missed even if im not.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:06:15 »

FWIW, I thought we did OK for the first hour or so, albeit we should have killed the game off in that time. But we didn't and games last for 60 mins not 90 .....

You been taking post-match coaching from Andy King?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:08:11 »

Unlike you im there every home game so my money will be missed even if im not.
Good point
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:11:15 »

Predictable shyt. Only a few more home games and I'm free.
It will be a shame to see my club, a club I've supported since 1969 go down the swanny.
Not only have the new owners lost the Decanio goodwill factor, they've alienated some of the regulars.

It doesn't really work claiming 45 years of loyalty if you're going to throw it all in on the basis of a narrow loss in a near meaningless game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:15:56 »

But the players we have bought in are Coopers Powers choices and if they arent good enough then why the fuck are they here.
Its obv that Smith isnt a Ranger so why persist with a game plan/style that requires a Ranger  Roll Eyes
My opinion is that the financial model of the club depends on relying on loans and freebies from Premier League clubs. PL clubs will want to send or recommend players to go to clubs who play out from the back and suit the strengths of the style of young players being produced by their academies. I think we only got the likes of Mason and Pritchard, who could surely have got a Championship season loan based on their technical ability, on the assurance we wouldn't be whacking the ball over their heads and into the channels.

On that front, this season has been a transition one to prove to potential transfer contacts that we will play in a way that will suit their young players and give us the first option on them. Have heard that we are close to securing a link with a second PL club that will give us first option of loaning their best young players.

Think we can only judge whether Power's strategy is actually working at the end of next season.
fatbasher

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:17:41 »

Just got back to Peatmoor gia the shit hole that is the woodlands edge pub. Well i have not read any posts so i doubt i can add anything but we snatched a defeat fom the jaws of victory.

Having renewed the family ST Mr. Power, you'd better serve up something more palletable next season.

This year is IMHO a holding year so get it right next season please.

We'll lose to Wolves on Tuesday and it will be game over i feel for 2013-14.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:18:04 »

I think Spurs may have been watching us too closely.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:20:40 »

Its obv that Smith isnt a Ranger so why persist with a game plan/style that requires a Ranger  Roll Eyes

Exactly and as both Ranger and Mason (and Pritchard) are unlikely to be here next Swindon, what's currently on show as replacements is what we're left with.  It doesn't bode particularly well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: