Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is it then?  (Read 4020 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 09:45:26 »

I don't think the vast majority of fans will be bothered by a gay footballer, most people moved past that point years ago. Sure there will be some idiots that chant abuse or similar but I don't see it being any worse than other players / fans have to put up with all ready, i.e.; gingers, fat fuckers, sexual references about their wives, being involved in the slave trade and so on.

If anyone reacts it will be their team mates, annoyed at having been naked in front of a gay bloke. That would piss me off.

One of the England women's team came out the other day. The announcement came as a surprise to me as I thought the entire team were lesbians and that everyone knew this. Apparently this is not the case.

I reckon a lot of the hype is made up by the gay community who are annoyed they've now been accepted, are no longer special and are just part of the general population.
REDBUCK

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 10:04:52 »

Tell me you don't really hold those views
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 10:33:00 »

Is it only one of the players......? got to be at least two

Bathtime
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 10:59:05 »

Tell me you don't really hold those views

OK, I admit it - I don't think all women footballers are lesbians, though I presume most of them are.

The gay abuse angle is bollocks. All footballers have to put up with offensive comments and chanting. Pretty much all of it is swept under the carpet unless it's to do with skin colour or sexuality. I'd imagine ginger's find the abuse they get upsetting yet no one gives a flying fuck and there are plenty of other examples.

I'm not saying that any kind of abuse is acceptable, just that it needs to be put in perspective and dealt with equally.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: