Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 158978 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 09:22:43 »

AS Wilf says if youre arriving by train the York Tap is a nice pub thats in the train station.  The Maltings which is situated by Lendal Bridge has just won Pub of the year from Camra.  Its close to the large Aviva building on George Hudson St.  All of the York Brewery pubs are good, my beer of choice in there is Guzzler, but they are all good.  They do tours at the brewery which is on Toft Green just behind Micklegate.  I wouldn't bother trying to get into the Blue Bell, as the L/Lord is definitely a bit of an ass.

In terms of your more trendy bars I'd avoid Micklegate and head for Kennedys, Bobo Lobo and Stonegate Yard which are on Back Swinegate off of stonegate, then just further on there are a host of new trendy bars  on Swinegate itself

In terms of watching the rugby The Terrace bills itself as a sports bar, but most places will have it on

enjoy York is a good night out with something for everyone

Thanks RS Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 11:43:09 »

There is a pub on Fleet Street called ye olde Cheshire cheese which has nothing but Sam Smith brewed drinks. And very nice too. Have spotted a lot of Timothy Taylor beers down South also.

It's not in the too distant past the Old Brewery Bitter went above £2 a pint. For the location and decor of the Cheshire Cheese, Chandos, Princess Louise and Cittie of York they are extremely pleasant pubs for a beer in Central London. However, my lager drinking mates are never too sold on the Ayingerbrau!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 12:11:34 »

It's not in the too distant past the Old Brewery Bitter went above £2 a pint. For the location and decor of the Cheshire Cheese, Chandos, Princess Louise and Cittie of York they are extremely pleasant pubs for a beer in Central London. However, my lager drinking mates are never too sold on the Ayingerbrau!

There are some really cool bars in the city of London. I think the Cheshire cheese oozes character (not for tall people though!) I've not heard of those other places though HR.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 12:46:11 »

Sam smiths bitter had been endorsed by my resident tamed northerner. bound to be other local beers too that have popped up since she moved down to the civilised world.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, March 14, 2015, 18:28:55 »

There are some really cool bars in the city of London. I think the Cheshire cheese oozes character (not for tall people though!) I've not heard of those other places though HR.

They're all Sam Smiths pubs. Princess Louise and Cittie of York near Holborn station and the Chandos within spitting distance of Trafalgar Square. All worth checking out.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 13:15:35 »

Drank a couple of badgers golden glory last night,  very fruity.  Pint
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 13:57:16 »

I watched the game on the telly last night with a couple of Colonsay Lagers.  Didn't make me feel any better..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:17:49 »

I watched the game on the telly last night with a couple of Colonsay Lagers.  Didn't make me feel any better..

Did your colon say.... shit?
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:47:59 »

yes.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, April 25, 2015, 18:50:36 »

There's some decent craft ales, lagers and ciders now in marks and Spencer's. Craft 'beers' are the rage at the moment with a lot of English Brewers. Can only be a good thing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 17:38:08 »

Bought some of the San Miguel fresca and my word it isn't as nice as sol. It's drinkable though and stronger.

I also bought some more ale from m&s. They do a bigger range now working with independent Brewers which can only be a good thing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 18:45:40 »

Co-Op selling Bulmers original and pear for £1 a bottle. Fill your boots...  Pint

Now, ain't that just like me?
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 19:38:38 »

M&S stock Oakham Ales' magnificent Citra pale ale.

If you've not tried it yet, get stuck in.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 20:38:39 »

Co-Op selling Bulmers original and pear for £1 a bottle. Fill your boots...  Pint

Or just drink liquidised tramp shit.

I hope you weren't born in the west country
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 20:40:01 »

M&S stock Oakham Ales' magnificent Citra pale ale.

If you've not tried it yet, get stuck in.

Had some of this at posh away last season. A decent pint.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: