Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29756 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:40:04 »

FT 0-0

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:40:12 »

Glad I didn't go.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #182 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:40:33 »

Someone out
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:40:44 »

Two points dropped and Ranger out. Wife on the blob. My glass is half empty tonight  Sad

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:43:38 »

Stuck in heathrow waiting for diverted flight from Birmingham. Airport lounge closes in 20 minutes and 2 points dropped. Weekend potentially ruined! Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #185 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:48:46 »

Disappointing not to get all 3 points.

The good news is that Posh and Walsall only got a point each today as well.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 21:50:23 »

Well done Mr Cooper, once again this game shows how tactically you do not have a fucking clue! 20minutes against 10 men and instead of stretching the play to make the space you decide to get them to try and play through the middle of the pitch where all there men are! When you finally realise with 5mins left we need to get it out wide you bring on Reis which was the obvious move. Just next time when you are trying to stretch it play him on the left and pritchard on the right so they dont have to cut inside and make it fucking narrow and play right into there hands!

Tonight proved we are nothing without Ranger, looks like he may have now played his last game for us with the case in a couple of weeks. Least we can play Storey up top in a 442 now.....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:09:55 »

Well done Mr Cooper, once again this game shows how tactically you do not have a fucking clue!

Except for the games where, clearly, he does have a clue.

Otherwise, a great point.
Dozno9

« Reply #188 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:10:01 »

One shot on target all game and none when they had 10 men shows how much we lacked a punch up front. The ball never stuck to the top 2 and when the ball was crossed into the box it was never attacked or held.

Luongo plays too deep for me and when you have a CB in Troy moving into a more advanced position with the ball then him it says a lot for how little we move the ball with pace through midfield, it was too slow and too predictable.

Troy and Ward seemed to get the ball forward more often rather than passing it across although the conditions probably had a bearing on that fact rather than a conscious choice by Cooper.

Murphy looked good when he came on and the Thompson twins were very good and got around well.

We are not looking good for Monday with injuries and suspensions and without a forward we will struggle unless the midfield wake up.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:14:51 »

Well done Mr Cooper, once again this game shows how tactically you do not have a fucking clue! 20minutes against 10 men and instead of stretching the play to make the space you decide to get them to try and play through the middle of the pitch where all there men are! When you finally realise with 5mins left we need to get it out wide you bring on Reis which was the obvious move. Just next time when you are trying to stretch it play him on the left and pritchard on the right so they dont have to cut inside and make it fucking narrow and play right into there hands!

Tonight proved we are nothing without Ranger, looks like he may have now played his last game for us with the case in a couple of weeks. Least we can play Storey up top in a 442 now.....

Can't disagree with any of the above.  Very poor decision making from Cooper when they went down to 10.  Two points dropped tonight against mediocre opposition who didn't test Wes once. Disappointing.

Losing Ranger and Thompson could cost us on Monday.  We're obviously going to struggle up front and it coyld be backs to the wall from the word go.  It might do us well if it gets postponed to be honest.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:15:15 »

Disappointing, seem so slow in build-up play, but give credit to Colchester who defended well  - but in the conditions it was a decent point, bit of a lottery really.  Murphy looks more than useful, but wanted to cut inside all the time, mom for me was Troy, always available and prepared to run with the ball.  
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:18:07 »

Except for the games where, clearly, he does have a clue.

Otherwise, a great point.

Apart from the Coventry game i struggle to remember a game where he changed the tactics and it had a positive impact. Believe me I am happy to be proved wrong but we all know he doesnt know what to do and is only here as he's a good yes guy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:19:56 »

Costly game that, Thompson (N) and Ranger out of Monday. Plus a failure to pick up 3 points.

The weather was pretty poor, and that didn't help. I thought we did OK in getting the ball down and passing it around, but there was very little incision in the final third. A long shot and a few crosses but we really didn't create much. I reckon I could have played in goal tonight for Town though.

Hey ho.

My MoM: Troy.

Oh yeah, I as very disappointed to see Danny N'guessen put on the loan list. But he was fucking shit today.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:22:07 by Batch » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:25:54 »

Glad it was on, pitch was more than playable which was very amusing considering some of the stuff on here throughout the day.

We might have dominated, but we were completely devoid of any creativity or tempo to our play. Painfully slow build up.

I like Troy and Ward as a partnership - put McEveley at left back when he returns and it's 4 of the back 5 that were so solid last season.

Pritchard deserved his man of the match award as he was the only attacking player looking to make something happen, bar Murphy who looked decent to be fair. N'Guessan, Smith and Luongo were all very poor and the difference in quality between Smith and Ranger is really quite big. Hopefully that is not the last we have seen with him with his trial approaching.

Louis Thompson...meh. I like the lad and his effort cannot be faulted but he is exposed when on the ball. The 4-4-2 set up going forward with Murphy and Pritchard out wide and Luongo and Kasim in the middle could be interesting, especially at home as would not give us much steel away.

Fair play to the 96 Colchester fans who made the trip, it was certainly grim viewing for them with no attacking intent shown.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 22:32:06 »

Pritchard deserved his man of the match award as he was the only attacking player looking to make something happen,

His  shot selection was bloody frustrating though.

bar Murphy who looked decent to be fair.

He looked quite incisive and quick to spot a pass didn't he. Also looked to put the effort and won the ball back a few times.

Smith

Kept coming out to the right, which didn't leave us much in the middle.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: