Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29677 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:12:57 »

Yesterday was dry and so far the rain hasn't been huge... So I think we'll be OK unless a hurricane hits.

As for the game, a scrappy horrible affair which I hope we edge.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:16:27 »

Lots of rain on its way and gales predicted tonight. If the game survives then I think we'll sneak a 3-1 win.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:33:27 »

Is there any official annoucement from the club re possible pitch inspection.
According to Hodgetts this morning the pitch is perfectly playable and no early inspection planned, could change if the predicted storm hits!!  Be careful walking around the DRS from the club shop end, it's like a lake, as is part of the car park!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:42:07 »

Will be surprised to see this game played. Don`t think I will be in attendance - my predication skills have been way off so let`s say a straight forward 2 - 0.

Bathtime
woolster

« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:44:09 »

According to Hodgetts this morning the pitch is perfectly playable and no early inspection planned, could change if the predicted storm hits!!  Be careful walking around the DRS from the club shop end, it's like a lake, as is part of the car park!
it was perfectly playable against crawley according to some people No
« Last Edit: Friday, February 14, 2014, 09:45:41 by woolster » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 10:16:47 »

Don't forget Kevin Watson Smiley

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 10:23:22 »

Quite funny to see the Colchester fans' reaction to the fixture change. Wasn't it the FL who moved the fixture, rather than us?

Do feel for those who bought advance train tickets though. Both of them.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 10:28:49 »

I remember one Saturday game where they brought 89 fans

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 10:57:00 »

Quite funny to see the Colchester fans' reaction to the fixture change. Wasn't it the FL who moved the fixture, rather than us?

Do feel for those who bought advance train tickets though. Both of them.

Imagine the game gets called off at 7pm! They'll be absolutely livid, both of them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:21:20 »

Imagine the game gets called off at 7pm! They'll be absolutely livid, both of them.

Weather's not been bad so far today. If it gets called off, it won't be before they set off.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:23:42 »

My flight to Lisbon takes off at 19:45 so won't know the score until full time.

Maybe I'll ask the pilot for score updates! Wonder if Yeovil Red could help out?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:41:10 »

Hope we are off and Peterborough have to play on a mud heap, wear them out for Monday!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:45:10 »

My flight to Lisbon takes off at 19:45 so won't know the score until full time.

Maybe I'll ask the pilot for score updates! Wonder if Yeovil Red could help out?

Good luck with taking off in this weather, I have got a flight on Monday and hoping the winds will clear by then.

This game will be P-P.  Not because of the pitch but because of the danger of getting to the ground, surely common sense will prevail, travelling from Colchester on a Friday night is bad enough, in the middle of flooding and gale force winds even worse.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:50:52 »

Good luck with taking off in this weather, I have got a flight on Monday and hoping the winds will clear by then.

This game will be P-P.  Not because of the pitch but because of the danger of getting to the ground, surely common sense will prevail, travelling from Colchester on a Friday night is bad enough, in the middle of flooding and gale force winds even worse.

Sod's Law, can't see any way tonight will happen, whereas if on the Saturday, then maybe a chance.

Monday may be OK though.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 14, 2014, 11:55:44 »

25mph winds at Heathrow around that time. It should be ok for taking off I reckon?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: