Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranger arrested again  (Read 84176 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 00:18:44 »

I am glad our club gave him a chance, and stuck with him for longer than most people would.  Football really does have the capacity - at every level from community to elite - to work positively with people who either find themselves or put themselves on the edges of society, and a lot more of that goes on than maybe is realised (cf Luke McCormick's sojourn with us).  At this level, however, it can also be a very cruel industry, and the recent focus on mental illness and depression in the Advertiser and elsewhere was a timely and well-received reminder of that.

It is sad that NR was not able to respond to what was offered to him here.  It is also sad that the outcome for him could either be the loss of a great talent from football, or that another club does sign him up and then abandons him off the pitch to whatever fate he creates for himself.  Yes, of course he has responsibility for his own behaviour, but football authorities also have heavy responsibility for care and guidance for very young men who find themselves thrust into a world of money and glamour for which they are ill-prepared.

But as we know, a lot of club owners are not that bothered provided they get their cut.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 08:08:50 »

I too am glad that we gave Nile a chance, he was a brilliant player on the pitch and won us quite a few points on his own.

Without him we could well have been in the relegation scrap IMO, he brought a lot of skill to the pitch setting up goals as well as scoring a few like the winner vs Shitty.

Theres no doubt we will miss him on the pitch but you have to draw the line somewhere, and heaven knows we gave him enough chances to redeem himself off it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 08:58:16 »

Bit equally had he not missed games through being a dick and going AWOL we may well have got into the playoffs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 09:45:48 »

Many top sportsmen through the ages are known for being 'flawed geniuses'. Gazza, George Best etc.

Sadly Nile is just Flawed. Good footballer though don't get me wrong. Wonderful touch, good in the air and strong as fook.

Enjoyed watching him play football, cringed at his behaviour off it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 10:19:11 »

I am glad our club gave him a chance, and stuck with him for longer than most people would.  Football really does have the capacity - at every level from community to elite - to work positively with people who either find themselves or put themselves on the edges of society, and a lot more of that goes on than maybe is realised (cf Luke McCormick's sojourn with us).  At this level, however, it can also be a very cruel industry, and the recent focus on mental illness and depression in the Advertiser and elsewhere was a timely and well-received reminder of that.

It is sad that NR was not able to respond to what was offered to him here.  It is also sad that the outcome for him could either be the loss of a great talent from football, or that another club does sign him up and then abandons him off the pitch to whatever fate he creates for himself.  Yes, of course he has responsibility for his own behaviour, but football authorities also have heavy responsibility for care and guidance for very young men who find themselves thrust into a world of money and glamour for which they are ill-prepared.

But as we know, a lot of club owners are not that bothered provided they get their cut.

Football clubs are great at producing players but complete shit at producing decent members of society.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 11:51:23 »

Many top sportsmen through the ages are known for being 'flawed geniuses'. Gazza, George Best etc.

Sadly Nile is just Flawed. Good footballer though don't get me wrong. Wonderful touch, good in the air and strong as fook.

Enjoyed watching him play football, cringed at his behaviour off it.

The thing that has always puzzled me is how he's so calm, relaxed and measured on the pitch. He had lumps kicked out of him by opposition players at times but he didn't ever seem fazed by it.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 12:38:54 »

Was thinking that earlier, one of the many many frustrating things about Nile was his was a model pro on the pitch -when you finally got him on the bloody thing.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 13:34:31 »

Was thinking that earlier, one of the many many frustrating things about Nile was his was a model pro on the pitch -when you finally got him on the bloody thing.

Possibly because he wasn't pissed and/or under the influence of his 'so called' friends
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 19:30:19 »

Possibly because he wasn't pissed and/or under the influence of his 'so called' friends

Exactly it is about who he surrounds himself with as well, look at his CCTV footage there was someone else in that footage who was happy to stand back and let him get on with it, and probably found it funny.

I really hope he get's some help to sort himself out, he is obviously a talent on the pitch and at the moment he is just pissing it up the wall, maybe being sacked by a 2nd club may make him realise something is wrong....and maybe not time will tell
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 04:49:13 »

They call it the demon drink for a reason. I know people who are the nicest guy you could wish to meet when sober. Once they've had a few beers, horrible, nasty wankers looking to provoke you into a fight.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 08:26:54 »

I really hope he get's some help to sort himself out, he is obviously a talent on the pitch and at the moment he is just pissing it up the wall, maybe being sacked by a 2nd club may make him realise something is wrong....and maybe not time will tell

I don't, the bloke is a complete waste of space and if he wasn't a footballer no one here would be defending him or his actions. He needs to grow up fast, and stop hiding behind his footballer 'personality'. Whether he does or not, I couldn't give a monkeys, just hope he doesn't hurt anyone else on his journey through life.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 11:39:13 »

If we are still interested he was in court today for his first trial for his DUI charge
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:59:29 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-27378415#

cleared....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 14:05:34 »

The guy appears to have 9 lives!

Gwent police constable Mark Madley told the court: "He (Mr Ranger) said he admitted to being the driver and that he had driven from Cardiff.
Knee injury

"I then gave a roadside breath test which he failed. He then immediately denied being the driver of the car.

"The situation became volatile and inflamed once Ranger failed his breath test and I arrested him."

If that is true then God only knows how he was found not guilty!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 14:07:00 »

The guy appears to have 9 lives!

Gwent police constable Mark Madley told the court: "He (Mr Ranger) said he admitted to being the driver and that he had driven from Cardiff.
Knee injury

"I then gave a roadside breath test which he failed. He then immediately denied being the driver of the car.

"The situation became volatile and inflamed once Ranger failed his breath test and I arrested him."

If that is true then God only knows how he was found not guilty!

It's fucking mental how he keeps getting let off...

Hmm.... Hmmm

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: