Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2014  (Read 4092 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 10:38:34 »

...is shaping up very nicely indeed.

7 BTCC champions will be on the grid this year, Fabrizio Giovanardi and Alain Menu are returning, with Shedden, Neal, Plato (urgh) and Turkington, as well as current champ Andy Jordan. Looking like there will be a full grid of 30+ cars this year too!

There's also some home grown interest this year too, Simon Belcher from Swindon is racing a Toyota Avensis for his Handy Motorsport team.

Anyone heading to any of the races? Toying with the idea of taking my little'un to Thruxton, he'll be 4 by then, he watches the races with me on the telly, not sure if he'll be ok at the circuit though!

Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 12:01:20 »

Is he any relation of the Belcher (Alex I think?) who used to manage Supermarine in the 80's?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 12:11:04 »

I might attend a race day or two...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 12:36:39 »

Yep, will do at least 5 rounds this year, Thruxton, Brands, Oulton, Snetterton. Friendly with Rob Austin so will be following him and Shermann 

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 13:54:25 »

Tempted to make the trip to Oulton, the Super Touring Cars are making a cameo appearance on the support card for that race, wanna re-live the hay day mid-to-late 90s!

No idea about the Belcher link, I know he's one of the big bosses at Handy Garden Machinery (hence the team name) if that helps?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 20:14:52 »

7 BTCC champions will be on the grid this year, Fabrizio Giovanardi and Alain Menu are returning, with Shedden, Neal, Plato (urgh) and Turkington, as well as current champ Andy Jordan. Looking like there will be a full grid of 30+ cars this year too!

Blimey, even I recognise some of those names and I haven't seen a BTCC race on TV for years!

I'm not clued up, why the "ugh" for Plato?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 11:20:37 »

He's a cunt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: