Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slavetraders away  (Read 37612 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 19:26:42 »

Am feeling the train for this one
Currently £14.50 return online,

Just wondering if anyone else going by train and what time  Hmmm be nice to arrive mob handed and acquire a boozer.

SAS are doing it for £9 leaving at 12 , though I saw one of the other lg1 clubs tweet the other day that the concourse at shitty has no beer sales so will be a dry day going by them
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 19:28:46 »

Im organising Victor Mildews Stag Do....

Mini Bus at the moment....if i can find one...

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 19:54:17 »

We went into a pub near the ground back in 91. It was one of those times that the jukebox stopped playing and the whole pub looked at us. If it wasn't already obvious we weren't city fans it was confirmed when I asked someone where the bogs were (much to my mates dismay).We had one pint and stood by the door.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 19:56:04 by 4D » Logged
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 21:32:13 »

Im organising Victor Mildews Stag Do....

Mini Bus at the moment....if i can find one...
Z hire.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 22:32:56 »

We went into a pub near the ground back in 91. It was one of those times that the jukebox stopped playing and the whole pub looked at us. If it wasn't already obvious we weren't city fans it was confirmed when I asked someone where the bogs were (much to my mates dismay).We had one pint and stood by the door.  Smiley

Found myself in a similar situation when we won 2-1 there thanks to a brace from Darius Henderson. Five of us walked into a pub called The Hen & chicken. It was just after 1pm so luckily not too busy but you could hear a pin drop as we walked in. We got served, sat in the corner and tried not to make eye contact with the locals. First 10 minutes was the worst but eventually the locals lost interest and two of them even sat with us and engaged in football chat. The only other moment in the pub was when I had to take a pass and ventured to the bogs alone. Followed in by a local who said something along the lines of 'You got balls coming in here alone' to which I stupidly replied 'why you going to bum me then' he just laughed and said 'you're funny, Swindon'. Not the most comfortable boozers I've been in but I'll maintain that if you keep yourself to yourself and don't go looking for trouble you should be fine even in Bristol.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 23:13:36 »

Went on the train to that game, got penned in by the police and taken on the longest route possible to the game, arrived 30mins into the game, fucking ridiculous.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 9, 2014, 23:28:00 »

Found myself in a similar situation when we won 2-1 there thanks to a brace from Darius Henderson. Five of us walked into a pub called The Hen & chicken. It was just after 1pm so luckily not too busy but you could hear a pin drop as we walked in. We got served, sat in the corner and tried not to make eye contact with the locals. First 10 minutes was the worst but eventually the locals lost interest and two of them even sat with us and engaged in football chat. The only other moment in the pub was when I had to take a pass and ventured to the bogs alone. Followed in by a local who said something along the lines of 'You got balls coming in here alone' to which I stupidly replied 'why you going to bum me then' he just laughed and said 'you're funny, Swindon'. Not the most comfortable boozers I've been in but I'll maintain that if you keep yourself to yourself and don't go looking for trouble you should be fine even in Bristol.

The 91 game we won 4-0 and weren't let out the ground until 5.45, there were some city hanging about still but seeing as the five of us included 3 over 6ft, one around 21st, a military copper and me obviously looking like a hard as nails 21 year old  Smiley, we walked straight by.  Cheesy

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 01:01:03 »

I can only presume, hearing the tales of Shitty fans, that there will be a heavy and heavy-handed police presence in Brizzle that day if half their matches against non-rival opposition are to be compared with.

I'll doubtless go, not a long drive and gives me an excuse to see some mates. Long old day on the piss I reckon  Pint
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 11:27:53 »

Went on the train to that game, got penned in by the police and taken on the longest route possible to the game, arrived 30mins into the game, fucking ridiculous.

I was with Yeovil Red that day. We ran away from the police line and jumped in a taxi. Just missed the start, I think.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 11:40:13 »

I went to the game when Iffy was in charge when we drew 1-1 and got relegated (Cureton missed a sitter from 4 yards, standard behaviour) and I don't remember there being any animosity at all towards us.

I'm going on the train with my dad and would be good to have a beer or two with some friendly faces, although not sure I am keen to go 'mob handed and acquire a boozer', whatever that means!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 12:06:10 »

although not sure I am keen to go 'mob handed and acquire a boozer', whatever that means!

Basically more than the 6 of us currently training it so we avoid tales as described above when having a beer
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 12:07:14 »

There's plenty of boozers in Bedminster on the walk from the station to the ground. I particularly like the spit and sawdust type places like The Barley Mow and The Apple Tree.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 12:14:14 »

Basically more than the 6 of us currently training it so we avoid tales as described above when having a beer

Smiley

I see!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 12:20:32 »

I went to the game when Iffy was in charge when we drew 1-1 and got relegated (Cureton missed a sitter from 4 yards, standard behaviour) and I don't remember there being any animosity at all towards us.

After the game there was a large number of City fans giving it the big one behind the safety of a huge metal fence. Not sure they'd have been so mouthy had it not been there! The highlight of that day was seeing a City fan making obscene hand gestures out of his car window after the game. He'd have been better off watching the road really, as he drove straight into the car in front!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 12:32:05 »

After the game there was a large number of City fans giving it the big one behind the safety of a huge metal fence. Not sure they'd have been so mouthy had it not been there! The highlight of that day was seeing a City fan making obscene hand gestures out of his car window after the game. He'd have been better off watching the road really, as he drove straight into the car in front!

Haha! What a plum!

I genuinely don't remember any of that at all, re the City fans. Maybe we got away quickly, can't really remember!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: