Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Polishing off the tail  (Read 1918 times)
DMR

« on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 21:18:09 »

We need to improve at this

I'm fed up with hearing this "Lee/Warne/Gillespie are no mug with the bat" stuff

If we want to be number 1 then your top bowlers really ought to knock over that lot

Discuss
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 21:45:24 »

i agree

channel 4 put up some stats about the tail and so far this series the tail have been able to last more than an hour out there, now, thats warne, gillespie, lee and mcgrath. 4 players, probably put together would score more than our tail, but more than an hour in test cricket is quite a while for a tail. you should knock off the tail in under 50 runs, but lee hit 42! in the last test match, warne has hit 90! gillespie has been able to face off 112 balls in one innings...its not good.
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 23:39:37 »

mcgrath hasnt been out yet this entire series...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 23:41:09 »

thats depressing...
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 23:52:20 »

"well bowled glenn mcgrath"

i love adam gilchrist  Cool

that is all
STFC Village

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 00:37:02 »

The problem seems to me, that neither side have any respect for the batting abilities of the tailenders. Gone are the days of putting one up in the blockhole (yorker) and the number 9,10 and 11 playing all around it. These days, as we have seen, tailenders get at least basic coaching in batting technique, where they can at least defend their wicket, if not play a few shots. Therefore, bowlers need to stop thinking, "Well, thats the last recognised batsmen out, job done". Just keep bowling line and length, if its good enough to get world class batsman out, it will be good enough to get tailenders out!

On a seperate note, how many times has Geoff Boycott said, "As Fred Truman used to say, "Thats too good for thee lad""!! Its getting reet on my tits!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2005, 09:35:51 »

'bowlin shane!'

Geoffrey Boycott is slowly getting on my nerves too now. thought he was funny in the 1st test, now....i'd rather fall asleep listening to tony grieg!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: