Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28857 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 20:39:58 »

How did DNG play today? Thought he worked really hard once we were down to 10 at Peterborough. He's been included again today, I wonder if we'll still send him out on loan?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 20:54:33 »

Does that mean Invisible?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:02:07 »

No it means someone answer my question pwease.

fatbasher

« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:21:14 »

Well played town, shame posh turned it around too

Why do we have to go a goal or two down before we convert chances,
Wonder what Cooper said at half time  Hmmm obv had some effect.

His interview should be worth listening to

Probably had power on conference call....
fatbasher

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:25:02 »

Been on a 5 year mission in deep space hasn't he?

Going where no hand has set foot.
fatbasher

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:30:05 »

We weren't two down but for fantastic come backs, WBA in 94-95 take some beating. 2-1 down with 30 mins to go and we won 5-2. It tends to get forgotten, probably because we ended up going down at the end of the season. Amazing game though. I know cos I was there, as Max Boyce would say Wink

Me too.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:31:43 »

How did DNG play today? Thought he worked really hard once we were down to 10 at Peterborough. He's been included again today, I wonder if we'll still send him out on loan?

On the basis you sound desperate Benzel. :-) He was ok IMO. Not as influential as Weds and the obvious option for Murphy when Cooper wanted to make a change. Got a decent reception from the travelling support when he was subbed. Unless he's on stupid money then I think it would be madness not to keep Danny, at least till the end of the season.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:33:21 »

Many thanks.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:37:37 »

No worries mate. Had to break away from inane West Ham fans banter on the train home to post that too. They still seem to like Paolo, not as manager though surprisingly.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:46:28 »

Seen the goals on SSN. Pritchard's free kick was immense - a lot farther out than he previous ones.
fatbasher

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:50:54 »

Agreed 100%.  A long time ago I was at a crossing on foot and the lights changed.  The driver of the first car that stopped threw a McDonald's bag out of the window, near enough at my feet.  I picked it up, walked halfway across the road and threw it back in his window.  Stupid thing to do really, but it makes me so angry.  Luckily for me (I am in no way an aggressive man - I would not do well in any sort of fisticuffs...) he was too shocked to do anything.

Cracking result today. 

I was in Sherborne in the Autumn and was following a couple of young lads in the car park behind the Main Street when one of them threw a sandwich pack onto the ground. Made my fucking blood boil and although I don 't live anywhere near Sherborne I told him in words of one sylable to pick it up and put it in the bin. Nasty Tory boy that I am. Doing some council employee whalla out of a job.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 21:57:05 »

No worries mate. Had to break away from inane West Ham fans banter on the train home to post that too. They still seem to like Paolo, not as manager though surprisingly.

I still like Paolo in some respects, he was a dick but we had a good time.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 22:00:00 »

I still like Paolo in some respects, he was a dick but we had a good time.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts too.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 22:01:07 »

And brought the crowds and good feeling back to the cg...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 22:03:42 »

Quality away day..... travesty we were two nil down at half time with loads of corners + 3 / 4 chances we should have taken, but we looked suspect to the counter attack especially Ward who had a hand in both their goals. Second half we blitzed them, joy to watch ..... Smith very unlucky not to score with his shot outside the area hitting the outside of the post + Ranger blazing over when a vale defensive error but him clean through. Today we had a strong bench for the first time in the while and Murphy looked very useful / not overawed by his debut or the conditions. Bring on Colchester + Posh in JPT at the County Ground.

ewsham Robin
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: