Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28858 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:12:23 »

I'm pretty sure that Oxford game has to be the last time it happened Reg. 2-0 after about 6 mins iirc and I think Mark Stein was one on one vs Digby after 8 mins but Fraser, as so often was the case, did the business and kept him out. From that point on we went from strength to strength.

Apart from the fact as Venkman has pointed out the Brum game was more recent...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:13:44 »

Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night. Was that the last time we won from 2 down? Roberts had a stormer.
Great result today, and unbeaten away on 3. We aren't out of the play off push, as much as it annoys me.

Yeah but the question is last time in an away game.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:14:17 »

We sent out a very attacking line up today....looked as if it might misfire, but it didn't, definitely the best policy.  An away winalways makes Saturday night's beer taste a bit sweeter  Pint

Sweet beer.  Puke

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:17:15 »

Fair play to that Mr D. That is a fine thing to do. Seriously, I'm not taking the piss. Selfish, self centered, low life scum chucking all manner of crap out of their car windows is an absolute bug bear of mine. It would be a capital offence if I had my way Yes

And there was me about to make some half arsed joke about the Davis kids praying at the weekend for it to be Monday again.  Your response was far more responsible!

I'm going to have to go for a run each time we play away now.  I did actually keep telling myself we would lose if I didn't make the distance...so clearly I played a part in getting the result.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:20:28 »

So where does this leave us now?

Nailed on for the play offs?
OR
Not a cat in hell's chance?

We've had both sets of reactions this season (made quite aggressively in some cases)  Hmmm

I think we will finish roughly where we are with a trip to Wembley.  A succesful season. Just think we will be shy of the play offs.  Having said that I do think we will have a strong end to the season, our team is suited to warmer weather and dryer pitches, but I think we will drift down the league before pushing up again towards the end.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:23:17 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:25:15 »

And there was me about to make some half arsed joke about the Davis kids praying at the weekend for it to be Monday again.
It was the kids made me do it! They were well up for it - they love playing with those grabby litter picker-up things and a good excuse to crawl round in hedges and ditches.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:25:27 »

That's a really interesting point.  Very curious now to see whether the fluid, passing game from earlier in the season re-emerges as the weather improves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:27:58 »

I think we will finish roughly where we are with a trip to Wembley.  A succesful season. Just think we will be shy of the play offs.  Having said that I do think we will have a strong end to the season, our team is suited to warmer weather and dryer pitches, but I think we will drift down the league before pushing up again towards the end.
Think you're probably right on all counts although I'd really very much prefer the Wembley trip to be for the play-offs than the JPT. I appreciate this is in the no-brainer category, but because I really can't be arsed with the Football League Trophy, so win lose or draw will regard it as a waste of money that I'll none the less feel obliged to attend whereas I do actually care whether we get promoted (obviously)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:29:16 »

Apart from the fact as Venkman has pointed out the Brum game was more recent...
I'll get my coat  Embarrassed
cib

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:35:40 »

We should never have been 2-0 down, Vale offered little other than the two chances they were gifted by us. Pritchard and Smith should've done better with their chances in the first half but we were far the better team.

Second half was all town. Early goal set us off which wasn't necessarily defended too well by Vale; a quality Pritchard free-kick followed by a good bit of play and great desire from Byrne got us a deserved winner. We could and should have won by more today - overheard a number of vale fans say as much and they repeated it on local radio.

Other than the CB's for the two goals - Ward for the first and Troy for the second - the team had good performances all over the pitch. Luongo looked much like his early season self, Pritchard looked a threat and Ranger looked up for it. Thought the Thompson's both played well too as did Byrne.

New lad Murphy seemed to do well, dangerous on the ball and hit a good strike late on. Not easy on debut, away from home, in those conditions and only a goal up to settle in but did so.

Highlight for the day, Adams, sounding massively pissed off singling out "ulongo" on Radio Stoke as our star player today.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:38:21 »

It was the kids made me do it! They were well up for it - they love playing with those grabby litter picker-up things and a good excuse to crawl round in hedges and ditches.
I have bad news. You have wombles for children.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:45:35 »

Fair play to that Mr D. That is a fine thing to do. Seriously, I'm not taking the piss. Selfish, self centered, low life scum chucking all manner of crap out of their car windows is an absolute bug bear of mine. It would be a capital offence if I had my way Yes

Agreed 100%.  A long time ago I was at a crossing on foot and the lights changed.  The driver of the first car that stopped threw a McDonald's bag out of the window, near enough at my feet.  I picked it up, walked halfway across the road and threw it back in his window.  Stupid thing to do really, but it makes me so angry.  Luckily for me (I am in no way an aggressive man - I would not do well in any sort of fisticuffs...) he was too shocked to do anything.

Cracking result today. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:47:25 »

Anybody catch the after match interview?  What was said?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 18:48:48 »

Agreed 100%.  A long time ago I was at a crossing on foot and the lights changed.  The driver of the first car that stopped threw a McDonald's bag out of the window, near enough at my feet.  I picked it up, walked halfway across the road and threw it back in his window.  Stupid thing to do really, but it makes me so angry.  Luckily for me (I am in no way an aggressive man - I would not do well in any sort of fisticuffs...) he was too shocked to do anything.

Cracking result today.  
Good work  Cool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, February 8, 2014, 19:16:19 »

Anybody catch the after match interview?  What was said?
here it be...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25994416

I like Mark Cooper.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: