Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36082 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:32:41 »

Cheers mate. Looks like they'll wait for us to get there before calling it off then. In Reading it hasn't rained much awhile this morning. There's still hope. Appreciate the updates, keep them coming.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:33:51 »

The pitch at the moment is playable , however heavy rain is forecast in Peterborough from 11am through until 8pm , there is no pitch inspection planned at the minute however this could obviously change should the rain arrive.

Up until close of business yesterday just over 1000 tickets had been sold, and with the prices going up by £4 if you pay on the day , that coupled with the match being shown live on Sky will result in a very low crowd, I will be astonished if we break the 5000 mark.

For those of you that are travelling down the Peacock Pub which is straight across the road from the ground, 2 minute walk to the away seats is open pre match , its child and away fan friendly and car parking is available for £4 per car .

With regards to the result we have been shocking in recent weeks and have lost several players in the transfer window, Ajose as you know is cup tied, and our 2 new arrivals are unable to play, however hopefully with the chance of a trip to Wembley on offer maybe the lads will put in a performance us Posh fans know they are capable of.

Out of interest how many Swindon fans do you think will make the trip down ?

I will keep you guys updated with the weather situation here in Peterborough .

Given the weather, our poor form, and the for most a long journey on a work night, I'd have thought 100 tops.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 10:50:15 »

There's something about this area final tie that depresses me slightly.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:06:32 »

I doubt we'll take many more than 300.

We've been fucking shit recently and with all the injuries, suspensions and ineligibilities I expect us to get battered. Hopefully we keep it low enough so we have a chance of redeeming in the home tie.

Going by the last 2 matches our shite away form appears to have rubbed off at home though!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:21:37 »

Sam's just tweeted

@SamMorshead_SA: No pitch inspection currently planned at Peterborough, I'm told, but forecast from 3pm onwards is grim. #stfc

Sounds like it'll wait for everyone to get there. Great!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:24:35 »

Hopefully for you guys going they chucked a cover on at the weekend. If it was me I would as I wouldnt want to take the chance of the cameras not coming back for a rearranged fixture.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:27:47 »

Hopefully for you guys going they chucked a cover on at the weekend. If it was me I would as I wouldnt want to take the chance of the cameras not coming back for a rearranged fixture.

Fingers crossed Sutton. I highly doubt it though that smacks of being far too sensible.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:41:44 »

Surely though if it was waterlogged on Saturday, the last thing to do would be to cover it.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:56:18 »

Surely though if it was waterlogged on Saturday, the last thing to do would be to cover it.

Ok. Stick the cover on it now then!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 11:57:49 »

A draw 1-1! Failing that a defeat by 1 goal to bring back to the CG!!!

P.s - Chesterfield 3-1 up after winning at Fleetwood last nightl; the footballing Gods want that Chesterfield v Swindon final again!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:01:58 by TheMajorSTFC » Logged

#VivaKenBarlow!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:18:43 »

Photo on Sam's twitter showed the pitch dry on Tuesday morning.
Peacock PUFC

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:20:27 »

The pitch hasn't been covered , something to do with how wet it is underneath and covering of it for some reason was not a option.

Good news is at the moment its still fine in Peterborough.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:27:39 »

I'd be surprised if the score's anything but P-P.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:29:16 »

A lot of P-P predictions, what about A-A if the pitch seems fine, but then starts cutting up??

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 12:36:43 »

The pitch hasn't been covered , something to do with how wet it is underneath and covering of it for some reason was not a option.

Good news is at the moment its still fine in Peterborough.

Excellent news. Long may it continue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: