Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31717 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 11:50:58 »

I would like to see Harley replace Mason in midfield. From recent reports and what I have seen Mason has done bugger all since Crewe at home and Harley's experience might help us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 12:07:50 »

Expectations were low at the start of the season but we have some of the best players we've had in this division for many a year

Is it fuck...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 12:35:11 »

I posted in response to something by Reg a month or two back that the comings and goings in Jan and impact it might have on our ability to win away would decide our season.  Looking at it right now, seems pretty evident we have a team capable of bossing others in the right conditions, but with inexperience and less than favourable conditions (being away seems to cover that), we'll continue to be up and down until a nice safe mid table finish becomes our natural home. C'est la vie.

I hope you're right in assuming a mid table finish will be ours for the taking...but this week has been very damaging. I've not been to either game, but the general comment from those that have, seems to be a lack of effort coupled with repeated ineptitude in the most basic of elements, a pretty toxic cocktail, which needs sorting asap, because a repeat on Saturday, and with Saddlers coming up after...will leave your assumption looking a bit shaky.
REDBUCK

« Reply #258 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 13:01:30 »

we have some of the best players we've had in this division for many a year and what is being achieved i don't think is good enough!

i think you got rather over excited based on a few good early season performances
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 13:11:51 »

If anyone is unprofessional then it's undoubtedly Ranger!
It's not a zero-sum game, just because Ranger is unprofessional, doesn't exclude Cooper from also being so. I agree though that Ranger would try the patience of a saint and I'd find it hard to criticise Cooper for making his displeasure felt, especially if Ranger wasn't his pick in the first place.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 13:14:02 »

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Go back to the 4-3-3 that we looked good playing. Get Kasim in the holding roll and forget about him going forward (Coopers mindset to get him further up the park is stupid considering the other players we have!) stick Luongo and Mason/Harley in there with him. Ranger up top with Pritchard on one side and N'Guessan the other or Byrne perhaps away from home for his pace. Drop Hall, play Branco and Ward and maybe even get TAH back in when fit.

don't make stupid comments like

"Everyone knows we need a number nine that wants to fight for the club and wants to run about like the rest of them"

Every game i've seen this season Ranger has been excellent, worked hard, held the ball up brilliantly etc. He's not the problem the manager is! I heard that in McEveley's interview as well.

Expectations were low at the start of the season but we have some of the best players we've had in this division for many a year and what is being achieved i don't think is good enough!
No need to repeat yourself
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, January 20, 2014, 13:18:38 »

The other thing I - correct me if I'm wrong - Cooper on playing the 4-6-0 formation saying something along the lines of 'we wont play that formation again as the fans have let it be known that they believe that to be too negative'

Now is the formation not down to the manager, rather than fans, surely he should know how to et the best out of his players, yes I know it is negative, but if he came out and said right I have set us up to be solid to not concede and to hit on the break etc etc then fans would understand why he wanted to play like that, would he say the same if fans complained about playing 4-5-1 or 3-5-1-1 though
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: