Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Shrewsbury Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27738 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 17:56:28 »

I was going to post something similar.  Given we have won more than we have lost this season so far, suggesting (at this point) that we would only 4 more and lose 15 seems a tad irrational.  More likely we will end up around the 65-68 points mark I think.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/StatAttack/AveragePointsPerGame.asp?Season=2013-2014

That puts us on course for 68 points as you suggest which will leave us well clear of relegation and just short of the play-offs. In fact, only 6 points short of last years total
adje

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:08:13 »

I disagree with Pritchard being the answer to getting width. He goes missing there. His legs go faster than everyone else's because they are shorter, not because he has pace!

He put in a lot of hard work yesterday mind.

For me,he is the best we have for going past players

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spud

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:14:08 »

I think the booing was for the embarrassingly shit Ryan Harley!? or the fact that we went sideways, then backwards, then sideways, then backwards.

Echo what's been said before. The best team got beat yesterday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:16:33 »

For me,he is the best we have for going past players

Its good to have different opinions, maybe I just remember when it doesn't come off. I'll watch carefully next home game, but yesterday I remember a few occasions when he bet his man but couldn't get away from him, so had to check back and beat him again.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:18:12 by Batch » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:26:28 »

Luckily, we have Oldham next at home, which should garner another 3 points.

But we must be running out of the lower placed teams to play at home and as we seem unable to even grab a point from whatever shit team we play away the sooner we hit 52 points the better
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:34:51 »

Luckily, we have Oldham next at home, which should garner another 3 points.

But we must be running out of the lower placed teams to play at home and as we seem unable to even grab a point from whatever shit team we play away the sooner we hit 52 points the better

Oldham/Colchester/Crawley/Sheff Utd and Bradford all below us as are Franchise at the moment, may not be there by the time we come to play them

Wolves/Preston/Brentford and Rovrum might prove a bit trickier getting anything from

Waste of time listing the away matches  Crying
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:50:12 »

That will be the Oldham side which came from 4-0 down to beat Peterborough 5-4 yesterday?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 18:50:49 »

Laugh all you want but I fancy us to be competitive on Tuesday. Whether that will gain us a point is another matter.
kerry red

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 19:01:07 »

That will be the Oldham side which came from 4-0 down to beat Peterborough 5-4 yesterday?

Yeah, but away from home they are almost as hopeless as ourselves.

Fuck, even Stevenage's away form is better than ours!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 19:12:20 »

Oldham/Colchester/Crawley/Sheff Utd and Bradford all below us as are Franchise at the moment, may not be there by the time we come to play them

Wolves/Preston/Brentford and Rovrum might prove a bit trickier getting anything from

Waste of time listing the away matches  Crying

As I pointed out a while ago, these are the clutch games, assuming next to nothing on the road, and the possibility of nothing v the high fliers...Shrews was one of these now ticked off....Oldham aren't great away...but ColU ansd Bradford are those annoying sort of difficult to break down sides who draw a lot....Crawley have picked up recently and Sheff U are desperate, and I can't really see them going down...easy to see us getting say 7 points from that lot, but we'll pick up the odd point on the road, so 49/50 points should be doable even with our form tailing off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 20:00:17 »

So Reg, just to be clear, you expect us to win 3 and lose 16 of our remaining games? 

You say "with our form tailing off", as form is usually measured in points, I'd hazard a guess that it is fairly stable - points at home, very few away.  All that fluctuates is where the home and awat games fall.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 20:02:04 »

I read that as "(even) with our form tailing off", as in worst case. If right, it was quite positive for Reg!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 21:06:58 »

So Reg, just to be clear, you expect us to win 3 and lose 16 of our remaining games? 

You say "with our form tailing off", as form is usually measured in points, I'd hazard a guess that it is fairly stable - points at home, very few away.  All that fluctuates is where the home and awat games fall.

A worst case scenario might be something like win 1 draw 7 lose 11....that would be losing 7 of 9 away games....4 home defeats to Brentford, Wolves, Preston and Rotherham...then disappointing draws against ColU, Bradford, Sheff U, Crawley, and MKD....would still give 50 points.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 21:20:22 »

They were only 3-0 down but yeah I get your point.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 21:29:31 »

Worse case scenario is to lose every game. The sooner we get to 50 odd points the better but I'm still confident that we'll easily exceed this points tally despite a few not so good performances recently. Football isn't played on paper so think we'll probably win a few we don't necessarily expect to and perhaps not gain the all the wins we expect to. Pretty much like the season so far then!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: