Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New tower  (Read 14381 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 20:30:53 »

This thread makes me want a new PC. My laptop handles the games I play fairly well, but there's always room for improvement.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 21:11:18 »

This thread makes me want a new PC. My laptop handles the games I play fairly well, but there's always room for improvement.

same, only had my laptop 6 months and want another one already
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 21:22:22 »

I keep finding myself looking at triple monitor set ups and dreaming of having one.

Maybe after I move. A new NAS and properly networked house are already on the 'want' list.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 21:25:34 »

Have you been drooling over /r/battlestations?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 21:26:42 »

Indeed.
Barry Scott

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 22:42:09 »

I like it, the interface is far better than Mac OS X which looks pre-historic in comparison now.

That is why I love OSX. No fluff, no frills, no excess animation or colours, absolute simplicity and everything's pretty much within 1 click. It's not far off the top of the list of reasons as to why I made the move in fact.
Barry Scott

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, January 29, 2014, 22:42:40 »

And I have a 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for sale if anyone's interested.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 08:47:21 »

Awesome game.

The problem for me though is that I've played it a gzillion times already as it's basically just the original Rome game only with enhanced graphics.

I suggest you replay the original. It hasn't aged particularly well. As soon as you realise every town is the same and you can only build one unit in each town a turn you'll switch it off again. Rome 2 is immeasurably better.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 11:54:12 »

And I have a 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for sale if anyone's interested.

How much do you want for it? My SSD seems to have enough room so I’m not really interested but if anyone else is reading, an SSD is the best everyday performance upgrade you will get right now.

What happened to your surround sound receiver in the end?
Barry Scott

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 12:15:43 »

How much do you want for it? My SSD seems to have enough room so I’m not really interested but if anyone else is reading, an SSD is the best everyday performance upgrade you will get right now.

What happened to your surround sound receiver in the end?

I think £80 is a quite reasonable price.

The amp is sat in my ex's garage I think. That's presuming she hasn't already thrown it, which is sadly very likely.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 12:19:13 »

I think £80 is a quite reasonable price.

Very reasonable, depending on the age and condition of the drive. Someone could grab a bargain here.

The amp is sat in my ex's garage I think. That's presuming she hasn't already thrown it, which is sadly very likely.

Oops, my bad.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 12:19:33 »

I suggest you replay the original. It hasn't aged particularly well. As soon as you realise every town is the same and you can only build one unit in each town a turn you'll switch it off again. Rome 2 is immeasurably better.

Whilst I like it, Rome II for some reason isn't as time-wastingly brilliant as its predecessor or Medieval II was. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't hook me the same way.

Plus for some reason no matter how high I turn the graphics it looks worse than it should.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 12:26:23 »

I've got a dual campaign running with a mate and we play together as Egypt every monday night. Not managed to get a really good single player game going yet but we've played over 100 turns on the Egypt game.

I really, really like it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 15:32:29 »

Very reasonable, depending on the age and condition of the drive. Someone could grab a bargain here.

It was new in October '12 I think and has only had normal use, no reformatting or anything. Put it in my laptop and that's it. It's now full and has been for ages, so I've bought a new one as I'm fed up with constantly removing shit. I think it's rated to 5000 write cycles, so practically new.

Oops, my bad.

No worries. It was her amp anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 30, 2014, 15:54:57 »

It was new in October '12 I think and has only had normal use, no reformatting or anything. Put it in my laptop and that's it. It's now full and has been for ages, so I've bought a new one as I'm fed up with constantly removing shit.
You posh git. Do you get a new car when the ashtrays are full too? Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: