Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31945 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:51:05 »

Aquaducts?
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:54:57 »

Effort?
I don't think it's about effort but more about stage fright. Too many Premier League/Championship reserves/development players who can't handle playing under pressure in front of a crowd, because they're used to playing in meaningless games in front of no fans... Travelling up on the day of the game probably doesn't help them either. I think we need an experienced cb and and an experienced midfield enforcer and we'll be ok.

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:59:20 »

Beaten sides often look like they are not trying when that is not the case.
I honestly don't think we should expect anything this year. Already exceeding expectations(well mine at least)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:25:43 »

Beaten sides often look like they are not trying when that is not the case.
I honestly don't think we should expect anything this year. Already exceeding expectations(well mine at least)

True...I think we mostly said at the start of the season this side would struggle on the road, especially away at hoofball merchants like Stevenage on a wet Tues/Weds. We do though need a win on Saturday, because I'm not sure this squad has the mental strength to deal with a major slide...
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:32:28 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:26:23 »

17:55 18th January 2014

by Swindontownfc.co.uk

TOWN Manager Mark Cooper spoke to the media after defeat at Gillingham.

On the performance..
In the first half we huffed and puffed without too much up front. In the second half we came out I thought we had a spell for 20 minutes where we played well but we needed to score. We had them on rack and when you're on top you need to score. If we do score then I think we have a chance to win the game but we only played for 20 minutes out of the 90.

On the goals conceded...
We gave a silly free-kick away and no-one picked up their man for the first goal. (For the second goal) we're gambling to try and get back in the game. You're hoping you can defend it and get a bit of a break to get the ball up to the strikers but it never happened.

On errors made...
They're individual errors. It's simple: if you don't defend a ball when it comes in your box and score when it goes in theirs you're not going to win football matches. They're young, they're learning and they're only going to learn by playing.

On the tactical set-up..
We went to three at the back to make sure we could get the ball out the back which is what we're all about. There is no point to the 'keeper whacking it down the middle.

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/weonlyplayedfor20minutes-1302303.aspx#iizdefTr53SL6O1F.99
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:31:27 »

What did Jay Mac say in his interview? I heard it was a bit more no holes barred
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:32:09 »

Effort?

Thank you.

I'm over the moon with where we are.....as I said Tuesday....I feelin my piss we will win the JPT....but...I want a shift out of club for the money I've paid...and for two matches running, I haven't got it....

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 20:34:39 »

17:55 18th January 2014

by Swindontownfc.co.uk

TOWN Manager Mark Cooper spoke to the media after defeat at Gillingham.

On the performance..
In the first half we huffed and puffed without too much up front. In the second half we came out I thought we had a spell for 20 minutes where we played well but we needed to score. We had them on rack and when you're on top you need to score. If we do score then I think we have a chance to win the game but we only played for 20 minutes out of the 90.

On the goals conceded...
We gave a silly free-kick away and no-one picked up their man for the first goal. (For the second goal) we're gambling to try and get back in the game. You're hoping you can defend it and get a bit of a break to get the ball up to the strikers but it never happened.

On errors made...
They're individual errors. It's simple: if you don't defend a ball when it comes in your box and score when it goes in theirs you're not going to win football matches. They're young, they're learning and they're only going to learn by playing.

On the tactical set-up..
We went to three at the back to make sure we could get the ball out the back which is what we're all about. There is no point to the 'keeper whacking it down the middle.

Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/weonlyplayedfor20minutes-1302303.aspx#iizdefTr53SL6O1F.99

20 minutes?

There must of been a time slip when I went for a piss.....was that Charles Dickens draining the lizard next to me?

5 minutes at the most...

Clems Army!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 21:31:17 »

As an old bastard, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I would rather have a team of older players who realise that they are very, very lucky to be playing professional football and would run their balls off to maintain their quite well paid existence.

Give me eleven totally dedicated players who are willing to give 100% week in and week out and I will not fault them.

Give me players who think they are better than they think they are are and they can then add to the thousands of "might have beens" plying their so called abilities in non-league football or not even at all.

Currently, pissed off, does not even cover my emotions.   

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
nochee

« Reply #189 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 21:33:17 »

So, what was it that J Mac said? Nobody has answered the question that has been asked a few times now.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 21:42:08 »

So, what was it that J Mac said? Nobody has answered the question that has been asked a few times now.

I heard it and got the impression he was well pissed off with the attitude of some of the team. To me, he sounded very wound up and not at all happy with the way the game went.

Others on here may disagree but that was my reading of his comments.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 21:51:59 »

That was truly impressive.  I imagine Rosso's home as a laboratory, kitted out with all the latest precision astronomical hardware purely in order to get the timing right.

Its a Casio wristwatch  Wink
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 22:12:40 »

“We’re giving ourselves a mountain to climb with stupid, sloppy goals too many times now. We keep seem to be saying the same things every week and I think there are a lot of people getting tired of it – not just the fans but us as well.

“We’re not happy at all and personally I’m not happy at all either. People do digged out but people just don’t learn from their mistakes. I don’t know what we’re going to do, it’s very disappointing."
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 22:20:59 »

Fair play to him
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 22:29:12 »

“We’re giving ourselves a mountain to climb with stupid, sloppy goals too many times now. We keep seem to be saying the same things every week and I think there are a lot of people getting tired of it – not just the fans but us as well.

“We’re not happy at all and personally I’m not happy at all either. People do digged out but people just don’t learn from their mistakes. I don’t know what we’re going to do, it’s very disappointing."

That smacks to me of a few young egos.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: