Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 31954 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 18:59:01 »

Did anyone else interpret Cooper's comments about a new striker as a dig at Ranger? It left me with the impression that Cooper wasn't the one who agreed to give him another chance.

Anyway, we're half way through the transfer window and the mass exodus of players that many expected has yet to happen. If we improve our away form ee could easily be play off contenders and if we don't we have the home form to keep us safe and eventually we'll fade into midtable obscurity which is more than most expected this season.

I like Cooper and I like what he is trying to build. I believe that if we are patient then we could see some real excitement in the next couple of seasons. Although the post match interviews are becoming tediously repetitive, I agree...

After the past 12 months at STFC things could be far worse and depending on who you listen to then in the next 12 months our league position will be a minor concern.
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:09:50 »

Did anyone else interpret Cooper's comments about a new striker as a dig at Ranger? It left me with the impression that Cooper wasn't the one who agreed to give him another chance.

I haven't heard Cooper's comments from today but I have noticed him having a dig on a few occasions. I'm wondering if it's an attempt to keep Ranger on his toes.

@mwooly63

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:10:41 »

I like Cooper and I like what he is trying to build. I believe that if we are patient then we could see some real excitement in the next couple of seasons.

Well I cant see us keeping any of the spurs boys ( thank fuck in 2 out 3 cases ) so will be more loans coming in then I expect.
IF we get another striker that will be a loan ( N'Goo would have been coming in as such ) so guess we could be in the same position next season as this - although our own players will be a year older so maybe the young and experienced line wont get trotted out as much.

We simply are not consistent enough for the championship and even if did manage to scrape our way up we would be straight back down with little or no investment.
On the flip side of that, performances such as Wolves and Rovrum as well as some of our home games show just how good we could be.

After the past 12 months at STFC things could be far worse and depending on who you listen to then our league position will be a minor concern.

Indeed, we still have a club to support - even if a jekyll and hyde one
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:12:02 »

Didn't think Cooper was keen on Rangers return after his 'how many chances can you give him' type comments after the Peterborough game.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:12:51 »

Not every club in this league can afford an overnighter am sure and if that is the reason its a pretty lame one

Fuck knows what the reasoning is but away form is dire and cant see it changing
I was planning another 3 away trips this season but doubt will follow up on that

Meh another saturday over with

They could have stayed at mine for nothing.10 in the living room with sleeping bags,4 in the shed and the other 6 on the lawn in a tent

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:13:10 »

Indeed, we still have a club to support - even if a jekyll and hyde one
Think things are bit better than "at least we still have a club to support" which kind of implies we're clinging on by our fingernails. Not suggesting everything in the garden is rosy and there's clearly plenty of work to do in all areas but I think it's a little bit better than "at least we're still here"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:14:13 »

I haven't heard Cooper's comments from today but I have noticed him having a dig on a few occasions. I'm wondering if it's an attempt to keep Ranger on his toes.
I'm with Batch, I thought he made it fairly clear that the players might have voted him back in but he still wasn't impressed.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:16:43 »

I thought he said we need a number 9 when asked if we needed players. I probably misheard the context though as I was only half listening.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:19:05 »

Think things are bit better than "at least we still have a club to support" which kind of implies we're clinging on by our fingernails. Not suggesting everything in the garden is rosy and there's clearly plenty of work to do in all areas but I think it's a little bit better than "at least we're still here"

I meant we have a club still in respect to how it could have gone when Black bailed.

Things are deffo rosier in the garden in terms of budget and that will improve end of this season when more of PdCs big earners are off the books.
Quite how that leaves the on field squad time will tell.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:22:34 »

I meant we have a club still in respect to how it could have gone when Black bailed.
I still contend the actual level of peril was grossly overexagerrated (mainly in order to burnish Jed's reputation)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:25:16 »

I still contend the actual level of peril was grossly overexagerrated (mainly in order to burnish Jed's reputation)

You may well be right there  Hmmm
Every account differs
adje

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:29:58 »

Have to stay in for a week-again!Thoroughly depressing afternoon in the worst away end in the league.Only 3 players (Pritchard again,McEveley and Barker) looked as if they wanted to be there,no one else worth more than 4/10.Thompson has become shockingly bad and Luongo,Mason and Kasim must have passed more balls to blue shirts than red.Ranger a complete non-presence and the back 3 shambolic.A good side would have been 4-0 up against us at half time.Thompson is not good enough to play the wing back role in fact he's not good enough to be in the side full stop,Byrne is a better player.Dont really understand MC's reluctance to use Storey,who under the circumstances would have been a better option today than N'Guessan I reckon.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:40:26 »

Can't recall anyone calling for Cooper out? Not on here or at games anyway
Check the stfc facebook pages, twitter etc... Plenty of retards about.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #178 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:47:05 »

At the end of the day we're 9th in the table (only 5 points off the playoffs), and 2 games away from Wembley. And all this has been achieved with half the wage budget of last season, an almost entirely new squad made up of inexperienced prem/ex prem players and cast offs like Kasim, Branco etc, we have a new board too. What more do people want under the circumstances?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 19:47:43 »

Effort?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: