Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23224 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 00:00:02 »

The Opponent:  Stevenage

I don’t think I will get away with mentioning Stevenage forms a perfect heart shape when viewed from above again. My first ever victorious starting of a matchday thread started what seems a long time back away to Stevenage. Confidence was low, it was more a case of keeping the score down, and we spanked them 4-0. I know its not very fair, but even now when I hear football and Stevenage together in the same sentence I still think of them being a small club, punching well above their weight, stuffed away in the outbacks of Hertfordshire.

It seems the focus over the last few hours has been on a somewhat bemusing stance taken by Lee Power with regards to the inclusion of Nile Ranger in the team to face Peterborough being reported on by Adver Sam. I can appreciate Power’s sentiment here, totally, but if this is his reaction (even though Ranger scored and we won) to something like this then it would be worryingly interesting to see his reaction to something one may consider a little more disruptive than Sam’s tweet. Would an email to Adver Towers not have been sufficient? Either way, I would imagine Sam will be in attendance this evening and I always thought The Adver siphoned off most of its interviews from the audio done for BBC Wilts? Let’s hope it blows over soon as a local media v local football club statement slinging contest never looks particularly attractive, whatever perspective you take on it, especially with it not being conducted on a Friday.

Where the opposition gather – 

http://www.borochat.co.uk/forum.jsp?article=264973

If you ever need some good bedtime reading (to help you doze off), then the above site comes with my approval. Yawn.

Last 6 – LDDLLL (Currently rock bottom although they did pick up a surprising cup victory on their travels to Doncaster recently).

They have served us both –  Albert Jarrett, Miguel Comminges, Jamie Slabber, Steve Berry, Andy Ford, Paul Peterson, Ben Worrall, Jimmy Gilligan, Martin Williams, Charlie Griffin, Oliver Risser, Tony Thorpe, Kevin Dearden

The Odds -  Stevenage  12/5  Draw 5/2   Swindon  5/4  After a bit of searching this was about the best price I could find for either team. We have played Stevenage 3 times in the League and won all 3.

The Son Says –  Apparently Peterborough was the most exciting game he has been to for quite a while now, I don’t think the on-pitch action was what he was referring to though, more the kick up the arse that Luongo took from the Peterborough goal keeping coach and the handbags that followed. 2-0 away win.

The Prediction – Being one of wanker Westley’s teams then its hard to know what to expect, half of the squad have probably been transfer listed by text over the last 14 days so moral is likely to be low. 3-1 away victory, goals from Ranger, Pritchard and N’Guessan, 3’710 in attendance, 399 from SN1.

And Finally –  Stevenage became the first football club to win a competitive final at the new Wembley Stadium back in 2007.

COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 00:15:26 »

0-3. 322 brave souls.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 00:18:05 »

Locals like to refer to Stevenage as "StEvanage" (as in Saint Evenage)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 07:03:49 »

You forgot Grazioli, he played for both

4-1 defeat. We're shit away from home and it's the kind of result no one will expect.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 07:16:31 »

Got to be winnable so 3-1 Ranger, Luongo and Storey.
fatbasher

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 07:24:17 »

Locals like to refer to Stevenage as "StEvanage" (as in Saint Evenage)

Beat to it. Best pronounced with posh (well to do) not Utd or French accent.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 07:29:28 »

2-0 to Stevenage
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 08:08:51 »

Another 2-1 to us, more comfortable than Saturday but always with a bit of "OOooh, not quite sure" because we always look likely to ship a soft one against the run of play
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 08:56:03 »

1-0 Win.
Dozno9

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:10:35 »

4-1 Swindon, a rousing and clinical performance to fire a warning shot to would be challengers to our god given right of 7th place finish come May.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:10:44 »

Westley is a prick ; 1-1 Luongo

I come from a land down-under
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:41:32 »

3-1 Ranger, Pritchard & Storey.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:54:25 »

Got to win it at least 3-1. Luongo, Kasim, Ranger.

Westley's a cunt.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:55:52 »

Away from home against bottom of the league...

2-0 Stevenage
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 10:03:13 »

Our away form hasn't been the best. Lets hope that Cooper sets up to win the game and not to lose.

0-0 if negative Cooper, 1-2 win if positive (Ranger, Pritchard)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: