Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So has Sam upset mr Power?!  (Read 21055 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:09:11 »

This sort of reaction from an owner always looks unbelievably tinpot, and banning the Adver for something that the club's comms fucked up is just petty. Owners often forget how important the local press are in building relations between club and fan base, and Sam has generally been pretty respectful of the delicate balance between scoop and discretion. Who was the last Town fan in his role?

Adver 1 STFC 0

This comment was unintentionally funny:
I totally agree. Whilst the tweet may have given Peterborough a potential advantage the source of the problem lays with STFC, who shouldn't have allowed anyone to see the shirt therefore broadcast the message.

Rooky mistake by STFC Angry
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:12:25 »

I totally agree. Whilst the tweet may have given Peterborough a potential advantage the source of the problem lays with STFC, who shouldn't have allowed anyone to see the shirt therefore broadcast the message.

Including the player, who they admit they can't control.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Dozno9

« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:26:29 »

We won so calm down STFC. Learn from the mistake and turn shirts around whilst the tour is going on or put them up when they've finished.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:43:43 »

Agreed,or tell fans pre tour that tweets arent allowed, I'm sure 99.9% would comply. Can understand Powers frustration the news was leaked, and Sams that, having sat on the story, he was scooped by a fan on a tour.

BUT this is huge over reaction, the club and paper have a symbiotic relationship, time to play a game of calm the fuck down and move on.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:44:24 »

Fuck it, I will do it.

I'm getting quite a cult following for my pissed up, no clue, negative, piss take reports on Bbc Wilts.

So....I will be there tomorrow night.

Message me Sam to prepare me.

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:46:46 »

Cheers Costanza!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 22:50:29 »

Why lay out the kit knowing fans will be in the dressing room if it's such a big secret?

Exactly. We did the tour thing last season and kits were in place when we walked round in the morning.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 01:39:41 »

What a condescending comment.

He's still pissed off he got rinsed by Sam with the ITK piece, any opportunity to have a dig.  Totally over the top reaction by all involved.  Club, Adver and Chang.

Club should be  Embarrassed for it's own fuck up rather than  Banned

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 06:53:39 »

the sports coverage is very good for a local rag and it was public knowledge before Sam tweeted what he did.

Ranger himself even posted it pre match, tracksuit on!

Oh well, I expect this will be reversed very quickly. No doubt it will.

Huge over-reaction by myself. Unsure

Your digs amuse me, Berni. You are trying far too hard, and it is clearly annoying you that you haven't got a reaction judging by the amount of attempts you have made over the past few months.

Keep trying pal, maybe one day eh.  Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 08:05:34 »

it is clearly annoying you that you haven't got a reaction
Apart from this one?
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 08:42:54 »

Chang, what makes the Adver 'a joke paper? I can't see how it is any different to most local newspapers.
Dozno9

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:13:35 »

He may think all local papers are joke papers, he may be staunch supporter of national and international news coverage.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:19:22 »

Chang, what makes the Adver 'a joke paper? I can't see how it is any different to most local newspapers.
I agree, please expand.

FWIW I think the Adver does a good job at local level in reporting, there would appear to be something a little more behind it than just the Ranger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:29:39 »

Chang's just bitter with Morshead.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 09:30:15 »

Maybe they keep binning his CV or sending it back with mocking comments scrawled on it, leaving him to weep bitter tears of frustration in his lonely garrett?
You may mock me now Morshead, but one day, one day, I will have my VENGEANCE. FOR I .... AM ..... CHAAAANNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: