Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So has Sam upset mr Power?!  (Read 21054 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:47:57 »

I can understand the Club's position on this, Peterborough may well have been following Sam on Twitter but not the fan who posted the photo or Rangers instagram, so therefore the only way they would have seen this information before the team sheets would be through Sam tweeting about it. If he'd had just waited until the teamsheets were out then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Fair enough...but banning the paper?!  A quiet word on the side would have been enough.  Seems like an error of judgement on Power's part to me, and I can't see the 'ban' lasting more than a week anyway.  A face-saving cover story will be concocted that the Adver will be asked to go along with...and they'll all be friends again.  Silly over-reaction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:48:20 »

The bloke's pissed off because trust has been betrayed, it's hardly Diamandis II is it?
No, it's pathetic and childish, as I said.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:55:48 »

I can understand the Club's position on this, Peterborough may well have been following Sam on Twitter but not the fan who posted the photo or Rangers instagram, so therefore the only way they would have seen this information before the team sheets would be through Sam tweeting about it. If he'd had just waited until the teamsheets were out then there wouldn't have been a problem.
I also see it like this, having said that no harm was done on this occasion so a slapped wrist would of sufficed.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:57:42 »

Its all a plan hide some transfer business this month. All will be fine at the end of Jan. Wink

Harsh on Sam, I always look out for his tweets, far more enjoyable than previous adver reporters.

Why can't we ever have a quiet week?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:58:17 »

Fair enough...but banning the paper?!  A quiet word on the side would have been enough.  Seems like an error of judgement on Power's part to me, and I can't see the 'ban' lasting more than a week anyway.  A face-saving cover story will be concocted that the Adver will be asked to go along with...and they'll all be friends again.  Silly over-reaction.

Yeah I did mean to put at the end of my comment that it does all seem like an over reaction from Power, I can't seen the ban being upheld for too long a conversation about social media/privacy would have sufficed and I'm sure that's what will happen in the end.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 20:59:25 »

Andrew Steele-Davis will be our new go to guy.

I'm FLIC Wiltshire 'til I die the ban is lifted
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:08:30 »

Why lay out the kit knowing fans will be in the dressing room if it's such a big secret?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:17:59 »

Andrew Steele-Davis will be our new go to guy.

I'm FLIC Wiltshire 'til I die the ban is lifted

Don't let Dan the Fan hear you say that!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:18:50 »

It'll blow over in a few days. In the meantime I'll be at the Winchester.

This...any chance of someone putting the famous TEF/Winchester clip up please?! (My cpu settings won't allow it - piece of shit!)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:33:23 »

This sort of reaction from an owner always looks unbelievably tinpot, and banning the Adver for something that the club's comms fucked up is just petty. Owners often forget how important the local press are in building relations between club and fan base, and Sam has generally been pretty respectful of the delicate balance between scoop and discretion. Who was the last Town fan in his role?

Adver 1 STFC 0

This comment was unintentionally funny:
Morshead comes across as a bit of a pompous prick.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:35:25 »

I noted Ranger's shirt on the stadium tour Saturday and can't understand why anyone would want to post this on twitter etc.
I think in this case it's fairly obvious why someone would post a photo of Rangers shirt.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:38:59 »

This comment was unintentionally funny:

Morshead comes across as a bit of a pompous prick.

Very good.   Grin
DMR

« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:45:44 »

Funnily enough, I almost preempted such a comment but I thought I'd let someone else come up with that side splitter. Well done lad.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:49:56 »

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 21:49:56 »

Funnily enough, I almost preempted such a comment but I thought I'd let someone else come up with that side splitter. Well done lad.

Thank you o priapic one.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: