Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will Paolo ever manage in England again?  (Read 8383 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 12:16:28 »

I'll give you the near bankruptcy, the lack of any long term plan, the lawsuits and the complete ostracisation of the youth team for starters.

Zzz Zzz Zzz

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 12:18:39 »

A question for you Sonic. If Paolo was to make a discreet visit back to the County Ground, stood in The Town End, and you found yourself shoulder to shoulder, would you treat him with apathy or adulation? I suspect the latter.
I'd probably move away for fear of him hitting me in the face when he whirls his arms around.

Paolo had a successful spell with us in favourable circumstances where he was largely allowed free reign and this resulted in a untenable turnover of players and staff with a wake of casualties. We won the league and a had a (crap) day out at Wembley. We may even have achieved back-to-back promotions but for a number of reasons he chose to leave us in the lurch. Of course, I don't know the full story and don't claim to but whereas some feel that he had no option but to walk away, I can't help but feel that after his espousal of passion, dedication and loyalty that he failed to live up to that when it mattered.

I was relieved when he left because I never felt comfortable with him representing the club. I didn't like him, I didn't like the way we were Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town, I didn't like the way he bombed out players, I didn't like the high turnover of players and I didn't like the financial issues related to that. I like and respect Cooper because he's working towards developing a future for the club and not just throwing everything at instant success.

I guess I do care a little bit.
DMR

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 12:52:56 »

Zzz Zzz Zzz

He's answered your question. You really are a bell end.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:20:45 »

Weil it feels a lot less lonely being anti di Canio these days.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:27:55 »

So what damage did he cause at Swindon?...on the contrary i would sugest.

I would have him back here in a flash.....i especialy thought that after the debacle of a showing at Sheffield Utd where i saw more passion in my half time meat pie.
In my opinion he was one of our best ever managers and in nearly forty years watching i have seen a few.
Bell End no doubt at times,but still a very good manager in my opinion.
In answer to the question on whether he will be back i believe a maverick chairman with a bit of dosh may take a punt one day,and that will be great for football because just at present it is as boring as i ever remember it...in general that is not just here at Swindon.

Sexism and insults towards the physio who was driven out from her job.

Shunning of the youth team coach from day 1 including embarrassing him at the pre season team photo.

Making the youth team stay away from the club and facilities, completely washing his hands with the entire set up.

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on players, many of which he ditched almost immediately at huge cost to the club in wages alone.

Abysmal man management.

Extreme demands of his players which affected their family lives on numerous occasions.

To be honest the examples are just scraping the surface and we could go on and on about it. Yes he won the league and results to most are everything but when we look back at it the damage caused outweighs everything else.
Look at the Sunderland farce too. The bloke is a terrible manager of people as human beings,the most important part of being a manager.

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:29:39 by arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:29:02 »

Sexism and insults towards the physio who was driven out from her job.

Shunning of the youth team coach from day 1 including embarrassing him at the pre season team photo.

Making the youth team stay away from the club and facilities, completely washing his hands with the entire set up.

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on players, many of which he ditched almost immediately at huge cost to the club in wages alone.

Abysmal man management.

Extreme demands of his players which affected their family lives on numerous occasions.

To be honest the examples are just scraping the surface and we could go on and on about it. Yes he won the league and results to most are everything but when we look back at it the damage caused outweighs everything else.
Look at the Sunderland farce too. They bloke is a terrible manager of people as human beings.

Zzz Zzz Zzz

I thought I'd save leefer the effort.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:30:01 »

Leefer's in denial
kerry red

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:32:09 »

Hasn't the 'PdC - is he a cunt or not' thing been done to death?
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:32:43 »

Hasn't the 'PdC - is he a cunt or not' thing been done to death?

Yes, it has.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 13:48:45 »

That'll be doss on the ale again.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 14:53:05 »

He wasn't in charge of the finances, so a lot of the points made are null and void.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:09:45 »

he asked to sign various players. admittedly he wouldn't have cared if he was clearing the finances totally, but the deciding factor for me in this argument is - he still signed a lot of shit that cost us money.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:32:27 »

Black and Wray don't get as much criticism as Paolo does regarding the finances, which is ludicrous considering they were in charge of them.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:50:23 »

i think my issue is that he asked for players and black and wray said yup (i agree that element is fine).
but i'd say there were more poop than success looking at the massive raft of players brought in

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 17:41:27 »

Loved Paolo when he was here but when as soon as the money man went he fucked off. For someone who preached so much about loyalty when he was here that was a smack in the chops!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: