Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will Paolo ever manage in England again?  (Read 8378 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 22:45:29 »

Paolo is and will remain a legend to me and it disheartens me to see the vitriol poured his way in certain quarters by our own red kith and kin.

Do you foresee a chance for him at West Ham as the situation could not be more ripe (next manager market might be worth a tickle) for a glorious return - and if anyone can sort out the languidness that has set in at the Boleyn Ground it's Signor Di Canio.

For my tuppence, I think the hatchet job done on him by the mass media, re: politics re: authoritarian approach, has sullied any likelihood of a top flight job. I think he is waiting in the wings for a whiff of an opportunity in East London but otherwise it's just not going to happen elsewhere.

He can talk ten to the dozen in fractured English but I wonder if speaking in his native tongue he is rendered more eloquent and punctual in his prognostications, or is he equally as stream-of-consciousness, bordering upon lunatic, devil-may-care-for-the-consequences attitude. I mention this because he may be deemed in Serie A/B circles as an utter liability as much as he is over here.

I think the only fit would be an eccentric chairman taking a roll of the dice in the last chance saloon.

Cue comments of "he's yesterday's news".

« Last Edit: Friday, January 10, 2014, 22:48:42 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 22:48:54 »

Gold and Sullivan wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

But down the line one idiotic desperate moron of a chairman will take the chance and it will end sooner than it starts
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 22:52:29 »

Gold and Sullivan wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

But down the line one idiotic desperate moron of a chairman will take the chance and it will end sooner than it starts

Yeh Fitton

I think Gold's Jewishness (or, more so, the expectation among his co-religionists that he will shun Di Canio as a possible successor because of the Italian's "fascist" tag) is a big big obstacle to the potential appointment.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:00:09 »

If I was his agent I'd be punting him around Major League Soccer, particularly among the teams with a staunch Italian origin fanbase. You heard it here first
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:03:12 »

Not gonna lie, i think hes a bit of a cunt
woolster

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:05:31 »

Pint Pint  Popcorn Pint
« Last Edit: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:08:25 by woolster » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:12:15 »

Not gonna lie, i think hes a bit of a cunt

That's what some knee jerk reactionists said about Hoddle when he jumped ship. You'll mellow with age, and further still, Paolo will be very fondly reminisced about in Tans-Towers in years' to come. Depend upon it.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:13:29 »

I doubt it, he hasnt got DD tits and a shaven snatch
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:15:06 »

I really don't care. Which is why I'm bothering to tell you all.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:22:42 »

An episodic burst of colour is what we have become accustomed to as Swindonians, whether it be Macari, Ardilles, or Hoddle. And Paolo's shotgun reign will ignite fires in even the sallowest of Town fans' hearts.

A question for you Sonic. If Paolo was to make a discreet visit back to the County Ground, stood in The Town End, and you found yourself shoulder to shoulder, would you treat him with apathy or adulation? I suspect the latter.

For my worth (as little as it is esteemed) Paolo rose the flag when we needed inspiration.

Please say it's not only Cola Fola and me who see this.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:24:02 »

That's what some knee jerk reactionists said about Hoddle when he jumped ship. You'll mellow with age, and further still, Paolo will be very fondly reminisced about in Tans-Towers in years' to come. Depend upon it.
I think he's a bit of a dick right now and I'm pretty sure I'll still think the same in 10 or 20 years from now.*+

*assuming I'm still alive of course.

+my opinion of him has nothing to do with him 'jumping ship'.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:30:10 »

If Paolo was to make a discreet visit back to the County Ground, stood in The Town End, and you found yourself shoulder to shoulder, would you treat him with apathy or adulation? I suspect the latter.

Apathy - no question about it. So presumably you would 'treat him with adulation'? What would that actually involve? What would you do? Would you grovel at his feet? Hand feed him grapes? Please expand.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:31:28 »

Im guessing undo his flies and perform fellatio
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:39:38 »

I'd paint him with mercury fulminate -"he who burns brightest, Montgomery burns"
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 23:39:46 »

I would dare to suggest that were he (incognito - but *only* you recognised him in the Town End one afternoon) stood by your side you'd give him a gentle nudge and say "Thanks ever so much for the period of staggering excitement and animation you gave our sleepy team, we truly lived the dream with you at the helm. I wont squeal and break your disguise and I am honoured to be stood shoulder to shoulder with you on this frost bitten noon."

You would ask him if he would like a beer after the game
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: