Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1964 Stratton Bank Photograph.  (Read 6862 times)
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 9, 2014, 17:45:42 »

Worst stink of my life in a football stadium was some cunt in front of me at Yeovil a few years back. I'd gone with a friend and was sat in the home end, and whoever dropped it had obviously been on the cider for a while.

Makes me nauseous even thinking about it.

Back in the 80's I worked in Chard for a while. The locals called scrumpy "screech".

Naively, one day I asked why they called it "screech".

"Because of the mark it makes on your underpants"

Unfortunately, I can confirm that they are right.

To get back to the foto, nobody has yet mentioned the mad rush at half time to get to the man with the tea urn....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 9, 2014, 18:28:00 »

Back in the 80's I worked in Chard for a while. The locals called scrumpy "screech".

To get back to the foto, nobody has yet mentioned the mad rush at half time to get to the man with the tea urn....
Interesting, I have lived in Chard 10 years and never heard of that phrase, I like it though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 9, 2014, 19:43:34 »

There were 2 lads at Crawley with tea dispensers, but they were plastic receptacles strapped on their backs with a pipe to deliver. Cue "Ghostbusters" tune. First time I've seen anybody doing that at a game for donkey's.
fatbasher

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 9, 2014, 20:28:53 »

Great picture from the Mail Online of a packed Stratton Bank for a 1964 FA Cup game with West Ham. I was at this match and seem to recall that we were a bit unlucky to lose 3-1 with centre half Ken McPherson scoring our consolation goal.

i'm sure i've got the programe forthat somewhere

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 12:09:08 »

Good photo is that. Interesting that the opposition is West Ham. Who remebers the FA cup tie we had with them around 1989? 18,000 odd sell out and some fans climbed on top of the Shrivvy road stand to get a view of it. Only time i've seen that happen apart from when that one bellend got on top of the townend around 5 years ago. Dull 0-0 shit game if i remember rightly and we got beat at their place in the return fixture.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 13:25:54 »

Was that the game where some climbed trees that were behind the bank. I may be thinking of the rovers game when a town fan tried to get into the away end, ended up climbing a tree and sat there for most of the game whilst the coppers waited below.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 10, 2014, 20:07:09 »

Good photo is that. Interesting that the opposition is West Ham. Who remebers the FA cup tie we had with them around 1989? 18,000 odd sell out and some fans climbed on top of the Shrivvy road stand to get a view of it. Only time i've seen that happen apart from when that one bellend got on top of the townend around 5 years ago. Dull 0-0 shit game if i remember rightly and we got beat at their place in the return fixture.
Yes it was! We had to give the Stratton Bank up to W Ham. I could only get in the 'away end' instead of the Bank. Highlight of the game was an inflatable woman being passed around the W Ham end. Think Leroy Rosenior may have hit the crossbar or post. Ended 0-0, but a shit game against a poor team that we had a chance to beat. We then went and lost 1-0 in the replay at Upton Park. Remember being gutted.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 11:35:54 »

Interesting, I have lived in Chard 10 years and never heard of that phrase, I like it though.

Probably before you were born. I don't suppose South West meat exists any more either..... in the loading bay there we were all scrumpy lovers, well, until the day I shit meself.

Scrumpy goes down your throat really well, it's like a poetic infiltration of fermented apple juices sliding gently past your taste buds, in an alcoholic harmony. Just don't fart any time in the following 12 hours....
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 11:48:30 »

Probably before you were born. I don't suppose South West meat exists any more either..... in the loading bay there we were all scrumpy lovers, well, until the day I shit meself.

Scrumpy goes down your throat really well, it's like a poetic infiltration of fermented apple juices sliding gently past your taste buds, in an alcoholic harmony. Just don't fart any time in the following 12 hours....

In fact don't do anything in the following 12 hours.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: