Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stevenage Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25166 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 12:41:17 »

Unspectacular 2-0, Pritchard and a Pretty Polly og,he owes us that at least
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 12:59:34 »

Always stated we'll win this one this year, so I'll say a nice and comfortable 3-0 win! Ajose, Ranger and Pritch to score in front of 5810. C.O.Y.R!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 13:11:33 »

Forgot about no extra time. Still be more than 10 minutes though!

Probably with all the faffing around they do. I'm sure you'll live though, as long as we get through.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 13:24:22 »

I'm pretty good at my obscure players but who the hell is Paul Peterson? Does even Reg remember him?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 13:59:33 »

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/players/peterson.htm

I would imagine even Paul Peterson barely remembers his Swindon career...........

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 14:47:00 »

I'm pretty good at my obscure players but who the hell is Paul Peterson? Does even Reg remember him?

Yep....think he played 1 game for us and maybe 1 game for Leeds.

Back, when McMahon was in charge, there was a fella called Dave Hollister, who used to run social stuff at the CG, he used to do a quiz, Brain of STFC, where all the questions and there were lots, were all STFC related.  Talk about pigs in shit, there was proper good competition.  He also did just general football quizes as well.  Knowledge of the likes of Paul Peterson, not essential, but it helped.

If it was updated, there'd be some right obscurities from the times of King and di Canio.

I did notice a quiz is being held at the CG in February, charity fund raiser in aid of NSPCC...the TEF has put out some teams in the past for quizzes, and this is a good cause.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 15:42:51 »

Lived opposite me and families became friends. He came here as a left back under Dave MacKay's "managership" and on Don Revie's recommendation not knowing that John Trollope was a permanent fixture in that position, so never got a chance. He originally came from Stevenage and moved back there to play and then managed them early days just before they began to move up the pyramid.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 16:17:30 »

Feeling shit - back end of sickness bug so want a good performance as payment for dragging my sorry ass up to SN1.

A win will do no matter how it comes
2.0 town both sides putting a decent side out as its the only chance of glory

4900 attendance with 288 coming to watch the spurs players borough stevenage
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 16:36:42 »

Didn't Graham Westley play really ugly direct hoofball football last time he managed Stevenage, assume they play like that again now,  we always strugle when team play like that again us and are prepared to get in our faces - I can see this being tougher than some people are predicting tonight
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 16:40:03 »

Lived opposite me and families became friends. He came here as a left back under Dave MacKay's "managership" and on Don Revie's recommendation not knowing that John Trollope was a permanent fixture in that position, so never got a chance. He originally came from Stevenage and moved back there to play and then managed them early days just before they began to move up the pyramid.

Ah that explains it. Before my time. Thx.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 16:57:34 »

Didn't Graham Westley play really ugly direct hoofball football last time he managed Stevenage, assume they play like that again now,  we always strugle when team play like that again us and are prepared to get in our faces - I can see this being tougher than some people are predicting tonight

Get outta here! They're a pile of shit.

We'll hammer them!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 17:14:19 »

Yeah they are a dirty bunch!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 18:33:04 »

Ah. I didn't know we had a game. Whoops.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 19:04:29 »

No Ranger anywhere again?
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 19:11:50 »

Belford playing instead of Wes. That can only mean Wes is in Bournemouth  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: