Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50 inch tv  (Read 13463 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 23:24:28 »

Just spent 1200 on a 42 inch Samsung 3DSmart Tv. Love it
Christ on a bike! This was presumably while Mrs Otanswell was in hospital and after you got someone to valet your car? For your sake, I hope she gets home soon or you're gonna be skint! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 23:28:00 »

It's his Xmas present for a certain firefighter who can't get his car off his driveway. Go Bruv  Smiley
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, December 8, 2013, 10:38:10 »

Haha

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 12:03:40 »

Just spent 1200 on a 42 inch Samsung 3DSmart Tv. Love it

I too have just bought a 40 inch Samsung 3D Smart TV but it was less than 500 quid. What does yours do that makes it 700 quid more expensive?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 12:34:50 »

1200? I reckon you are 18 inches short for that money!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 12:38:42 »

1200? I reckon you are 18 inches short for that money!

Yeah I was thinking something similar Batch.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 12:50:34 »

Screen size isn't the only factor that influences how expensive a TV is, or how willing someone is to part with their cash for it. There are other factors that some may be willing to pay a premium for, picture quality is probably the biggest one of these but there are others such as expected longevity, connectivity options, smart services available, built in camera, voice recognition, OLED, 4K etc.

Not all to everyone's taste but it's a much broader market than saying £1200 should buy you a 60" TV. You absolutely could get a TV that size for £1200, but you might be foregoing some or all of the other factors in doing so, just depends on how important they are to you.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 13:04:41 »

Who the fuck want's a Camera in their TV?

For that matter, whats the benefit of having a smart, voice recognition or even 3D TV. Technology for Technologys sake

Things get better but they never get good
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 13:22:31 »

Completely agree on the camera, Samsung market theirs as allowing you to control the TV using gestures rather than using a remote and to allow you to Skype through the TV. Obviously just a gimmick but they sell loads of them so there must be a market for it.

Smart TVs are great for me, having iplayer, 4od, Netflix, Lovefilm and the ability to stream all my own movies all in one place and not needing to have anything else aside from the TV on is pretty convenient.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 2, 2014, 13:57:39 »

Completely agree on the camera, Samsung market theirs as allowing you to control the TV using gestures rather than using a remote and to allow you to Skype through the TV. Obviously just a gimmick but they sell loads of them so there must be a market for it.

Smart TVs are great for me, having iplayer, 4od, Netflix, Lovefilm and the ability to stream all my own movies all in one place and not needing to have anything else aside from the TV on is pretty convenient.

I'm with you both on the camera thing, however Skyping through the TV does seem like a benefit that we will use.

The Smart part of the TV was important for us as well, same as AR, we use all of those apps so being able to do it on the Telly will also be advantageous.

I doubt the 3D glasses will ever be used.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: