Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 50 inch tv  (Read 13522 times)

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:17:45 »

Anyone bought one recently they'd recommend?

I've moved my lounge around and can accommodate a big screen now.
I've searched online for a while and every tv has someone or other who slates it.
I favour a Panasonic as that's what i've got currently and its a superb tv for a 6 year old one, but even their new tv's get slated by some.
It will mainly be used for sky hd and blu rays. Football and golf coverage has to be flawless with no motion blurring. I aint buying one for the sake of it and don't want a shitter picture on a bigger screen. If its a step backwards i will stick with what i have.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:32:33 by arriba » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:21:29 »

Not attempting to sabotage but I'll be interested in this thread as well

We are looking for a smart tv (46 inch at least) after Xmas that isn't going to cost the earth.

For us Netflix is likely to be the main use.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:33:28 »

Serious question...how big is your lounge?  A 50 inch screen just seems massive to me.  I'm never first out of the blocks when it comes to new technology, but it was only 5 years ago when we swapped our 20 (?) inch box for a 32 inch flat screen...and back then it felt like we were installing a cinema (in a living room that is prob larger than many).  A screen measuring 50 inches just seems vast.  Wonder where it will stop?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:39:14 »

I've had a 50 inch for about 5 years, and initially they do look big, but we're thinking it's too small now and when it goes we'll get bigger. Things have moved on but I did a lot of research at the time and bought an LG, had by far the best picture and been no problem. best bet is to go to pc world and check them all out, then see if you can find any deals on the one(s) you like.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:57:15 »

Anyone bought one recently they'd recommend?

I've moved my lounge around and can accommodate a big screen now.
I've searched online for a while and every tv has someone or other who slates it.
I favour a Panasonic as that's what i've got currently and its a superb tv for a 6 year old one, but even their new tv's get slated by some.
It will mainly be used for sky hd and blu rays. Football and golf coverage has to be flawless with no motion blurring. I aint buying one for the sake of it and don't want a shitter picture on a bigger screen. If its a step backwards i will stick with what i have.

We have a 42" Panasonic (SMART TV) and it is really good. Only downside is that you can't get 4 on Demand or Demand 5. I have read a lot of complaints on the interweb about this but only a problem if you really want those apps. We have just subscribed to Netflix on it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 14:59:09 »

We have a 42" in the lounge and a 37" in the bedroom. They seem bigger when you first install them, then they become the norm. I think you can get a 70" one now.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 15:01:49 »

Mrs RO has small hands which makes it look bigger  Girl Giggle
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 15:02:45 »

Have a 42" LG upstairs which is a smart tv with built in wireless and a 46" Toshiba 3d smart tv downstairs

Every tv has its good and bad points ( Toshiba has wireless but needed a dongle at around £20 and the 3d glasses being active are £60+ a pair, LG is true wireless out the box )
As previously posted go into currys and badger the fuck out of the sales staff in there
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 16:15:41 »

We have had an LG tru motion 47" led for about 3 years, brilliant picture and sound quality with no ghosting at all, as others have said it looks massive when you first get it now I feel it could happily get a larger one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:11:23 »

Don't get Samsung...I have a purple tinge on bright white...started about 13 months after I got it.

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:11:54 »

Ive been to curry's twice to have a look. Trouble is they have the same shitty feed into all the TV's and frankly they all look pretty poor.Their staff although helpful aint that knowledgeable. I might try richer sounds in scumville.

Keep your advice and what you own coming. Owners ratings beat any advice in a shop
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:12:50 »

Don't get Samsung...I have a purple tinge on bright white...started about 13 months after I got it.

Was that after your ribena and whiskey night?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:20:02 »

Ask on AV Forums. The geeks over there will give you an honest opinion.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:29:07 »

Actually arriba often suggests av forum, thought he would have already checked?  Do you have a particular budget arriba?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 19:34:43 »

Panasonic 50" full hd 1080 in Argos for £480. 4 reviews 5 out of 5.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: