Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekend in Valencia  (Read 1458 times)
RedOx

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 11:12:58 »

Going on a lads jolly in Valencia next weekend  Pint

Any suggestions on places to visit? Sights to see? Pubs to fall out of? Girls to hang out of?

General abuse welcome.

Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 11:34:16 »

My son was there for a week back in the early spring....he went to the Mestalla, to see Los Che v Betis, it was also the time of Las Fallas de San José....they seem to like a fiesta in Valencia.  Basically that is a 24/7 piss up and pyrotechnics party. If you're lucky there might be some random festival going on next week and Valencia will be at home....although they're a bit shit under Dukic, having flogged most of their players to the Prem.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 12:42:06 »

Haven't been for a while but Las Fallas are brilliant. 

They make very large scale wax or papier mache effigies of celebrated or infamous personages and set fire to them, amidst a cacophony and blitzkrieg of detonating ordnance. 

The effigies are massive in the town centre.  Practically every plaza has its own effigy to burn - the appropriate residents' associations for most plazas run budgets which even provide for the replacement of the melted blinds of the  households which are too close to the action.

Not too big on health and safety but compared to one of our civic firework displays, I know which I prefer...

The football club did challenge the Barca . Real duopoly briefly but something like football finances got in the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: