Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon advertiser article  (Read 15028 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 16:48:13 »

I don't think it is that simple though.  I'm still not completely sure of the present Board's ambitions for the Club, but the scenario you outline is consistent with wanting to run the Club down - and I can't really think why it would be in their interests to do that.  I do think that redevelopment will take place, but I also accept that it will probably take place over an extended period in piecemeal fashion, stand by stand.  As it happens, the Town End could well be first in line for replacement given the clear benefits that could arise from it.

I see no signs of a long term strategy....it's simple insofar as if the TE was condemned then the current capacity could be happily housed in the 2 remaining stands.  The Arkells and DRS have plenty of useful shelf life.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 16:53:31 »

I see no signs of a long term strategy....it's simple insofar as if the TE was condemned then the current capacity could be happily housed in the 2 remaining stands.  The Arkells and DRS have plenty of useful shelf life.

To be fair, neither do I.  Lots of unknowns.  I get the feeling that they're finding their feet this year.  I still think that the ground issue is going to force their hand at some point, and then we'll get an idea as to whether they are going to invest or not.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 16:59:30 »

Rotate the ground 90 degrees, build a main stand where the TE is. Then the arkells, replace with an away end stand, then put a new side stand in front of the bank, then reduce the DRS width from the bank to become the home end stand.

Bloody hell 4D you've gone from needing to ask which hand you should use to wipe your arse with to designing a brand new County Ground in the last 6 months. Your shrink will be well pleased with your progress. :-)
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 17:02:46 by Paolo69 » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 17:03:18 »

Rotate the ground 90 degrees, build a main stand where the TE is. Then the arkells, replace with an away end stand, then put a new side stand in front of the bank, then reduce the DRS width from the bank to become the home end stand.

Thats going to be a very short pitch
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 17:22:54 »

To be fair, neither do I.  Lots of unknowns.  I get the feeling that they're finding their feet this year.  I still think that the ground issue is going to force their hand at some point, and then we'll get an idea as to whether they are going to invest or not.

Atm, it looks more like a short term battle for ownership of the club is the main business on the agenda. Fuck nose where that will take us.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 18:32:21 »

If the question is "How could we make redeveloping the County Ground as expensive as possible?" then that's a good answer Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 18:41:12 »

They'd better not forget the moat, trebuchets and lasers
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 18:51:53 »

Brighton didn't give up....

I believe it when I'm sat in it.....

Redevelop the CG for me....

Clems Army!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 19:10:41 »

Thats going to be a very short pitch
5 a side?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 28, 2013, 19:38:53 »

It's called vision  Smiley

We pinch a bit of the cricket ground and move away from the houses by the bank.

Paul, it is still about demolishing and rebuilding, so it won't be more expensive  Wink
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 01:01:06 »

Paul, it is still about demolishing and rebuilding, so it won't be more expensive  Wink

Retaining the orientation means the CG can be redeveloped stand by stand. A 90 degree rotation would surely mean a complete redevelopment in one hit, which would be a major short-term expense and surely require a temporary move away from the town for at least part of a season. The only change of footprint I can imagine would be a slight shift towards the car park, which could allow for a larger Town End and possibly reduce any issues that a new Stratton Bank might seemingly incur on Shrivy Road residents.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 08:27:14 »

The TE could be ripped down and a new main stand built in it's place, just run it up to the back of the north stand (we have no corners). Then the north stand and so on. Have a look at an aerial pic.
Pitch stays the same until the bank is done, hopefully over a summer break.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 12:28:57 »

Also rotating the ground would impinge (sp?) onto the cricket ground which we would have to find a) a new home for and b) pay for it. The council to their credit refused the old old lot permission to do this, because a) they had no funds and would pay for it by building dozens of houses on the green space.

The only way to make a redevlopment properly feasable is by sacrificing the car park, move the stadium towards the CGH a bit more to clear for development of Stratton bank, and build the relative revenue streams in a redevoped main stand/town end.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 12:47:20 »

Cricket pitch could go to mannington park  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 13:02:19 »

Leave it as it is and do it stand by stand. When it eventually gets done,if it gets done,if there is still a club etc,etc......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: