Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon advertiser article  (Read 14883 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 13:44:06 »

Retaining the orientation means the CG can be redeveloped stand by stand. A 90 degree rotation would surely mean a complete redevelopment in one hit, which would be a major short-term expense and surely require a temporary move away from the town for at least part of a season. The only change of footprint I can imagine would be a slight shift towards the car park, which could allow for a larger Town End and possibly reduce any issues that a new Stratton Bank might seemingly incur on Shrivy Road residents.

As long as we make a better job than Carlisle did...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 18:58:12 »

Councillor Nick Martin promised to lay down in front of the bulldozers if Swindon Town were given permission to build at Shaw Tip, although he never seemed to raise any objections or concerns with Fiat, Vauxhall and Nissan filling the place out with endless car showrooms.

Seems that Nick Martin's time is up.

Adver: Motion of No Confidence as Mayor Offers to Resign following Allegations
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 19:05:58 »

Not necessarily, if Bluh and Perkins could survive Tricky Rikki's wi-fi involvement, then Martin can survive this.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 19:26:01 »

Whatever happened to the wifi project anyway? I noticed that as you drive up the hill into Highworth from Lechlade that every other lamppost has a big access point mounted on it. Are they doing anything?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 19:36:03 »

Whatever happened to the wifi project anyway? I noticed that as you drive up the hill into Highworth from Lechlade that every other lamppost has a big access point mounted on it. Are they doing anything?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10387650.Wi_fi_boss_was_paid___12k_a_month____but_who_agreed_to_it_/

Rikki at his finest....if only we could get a chairman like this at STFC again.  Wink
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 20:27:18 »

Is the land around Supermarine ground big enough for a 22,000 seater stadium. Share with them. Wink

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 20:39:26 »

Is the land around Supermarine ground big enough for a 22,000 seater stadium. Share with them. Wink

12000 would be plenty big enough ala the New York stadium
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 20:48:52 »

It would be until we got promoted or drew someone decent in the Cup.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 20:54:49 »

ok something the size of the keepmoat them ( 15300 )

though doubt we could fill a 12000  even if promoted, well maybe first couple of games

22k is far to big for us unfortunately
Flashheart

« Reply #69 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 20:59:31 »

Something like Loftus Road (18k) would be OK.

Something we would full occasionally and would not be too dead on atmosphere with lower attendances. I'd spend a bit on acoustics to help maintain good atmosphere regardless of crowd size.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 21:02:00 »

ok something the size of the keepmoat them ( 15300 )

That's pretty much the size of the County Ground (after Jed squeezed the new seats in for the Chelsea game).  If we have no more ambition than wanting to fill the existing capacity, I'd be very disappointed.

though doubt we could fill a 12000  even if promoted, well maybe first couple of games

Completely disagree with that.  Sorry for keep using the example of Reading, but if Madejski had the same attitude they would be in a very different place today to the one they're in.

22k is far to big for us unfortunately

Maybe.  But 20,000 would not be.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 21:06:06 »

IF we were to build a completely new stadium to get the " Reading effect " it would need to be done in one go so wouldnt be on current site
Piecemeal stand replacement wouldnt see a massive increase in attendances IMHO
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 21:19:20 »

IF we were to build a completely new stadium to get the " Reading effect " it would need to be done in one go so wouldnt be on current site
Piecemeal stand replacement wouldnt see a massive increase in attendances IMHO
Nor would building a completely new stadium. Look at Darlington, Pox, to name but two, who both thought "If you build it, they will come". Well, no, they won't necessarily. It's not just what you build, a nice new stadium won't bring in crowds by itself. It's what you offer along side it. The new build should facilitate new revenue streams that don't just rely on "More people will come because it's shiny" and additional facilities that also attract people in, and along side that you have to be prepared to invest after the new build to keep growing the club and the overall offer. That's what Madjeski understood, that's it a symbiotic ongoing long-term investment, not just "sling up a new ground and watch the money roll in". That's why Reading got it right and Oxford, and more so Darlington, got it very badly wrong.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 21:22:37 »

The good thing about the madjeski stadium is that he built a retail park adjoining so gets the rent from that aswell. Very clever idea. It was built at the right time with the 'out of town' retail parks.

If this idea was put in place at junction 16, it would be ideal for people coming from the south.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 21:29:30 »

Personally I dont think a new stadium would massively increase attendances
May help if promoted to drag a few new ones in but its keeping them

Thats why I said a 12000 all seater would be plenty for this level and maybe even the championship
2000 away fans 10k home fans, simples

No point rattling around in a massive bowl with no atmosphere when we inevitably up back in lge 1/2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: