Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrew Black  (Read 57479 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 18:54:39 »

So like most i was fairly cheezed of when Mr Black up rooted and left us in the lurch,or so i thought...remember we had to sell Ritchie fairly pronto around the same time also,think its fair to say most of us were left scratching our heads at the timing of his departure seeing as we were almost Championship bound.
Well i maybe wrong(not an uncommon thing)but on looking at the accounts quickly it seems that Andrew Black dipped his hands into his pockets fairly deep,no wonder the new lot couldn't wait to get in.
So what do you reckon....reckon in years to come he could be seen as someone who did a lot of good for the club taking us from LGE2 and on the verge of the promised land....that being the Championship of course.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 18:59:59 »

He is certainly in my good books
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:00:48 »

He is certainly in my good books

They been audited Chalkies?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:02:20 »

From what he said at the time of leaving I think the Paolo factor was just too much in the end or he may have got us there
Fair play to him though for bankrolling the exit from lg2
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:18:43 »

So what do you reckon....reckon in years to come he could be seen as someone who did a lot of good for the club taking us from LGE2 and on the verge of the promised land....that being the Championship of course.

I personally have never seen him as anything other than someone who did great things for this club.  This has been reinforced by some of the figures we have seen in recent days detailing how much he pumped into the club.

He didn't even like football so i'm grateful he stuck around as long as he did.

Top bloke
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:20:11 »

Have the new lot put more than a quid in yet?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:24:38 »

I like him and dislike him in equal measures.

He bankrolled us a lot of money. His money. How could anyone dislike him.

He bailed at the critical time of the season, we could have gone up. We were flying and he pulled the wheels off. How could anyone like him.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:30:20 »

I like him and dislike him in equal measures.

He bankrolled us a lot of money. His money. How could anyone dislike him.

He bailed at the critical time of the season, we could have gone up. We were flying and he pulled the wheels off. How could anyone like him.

100% this. We were on fire when he decided to pull out.
Could have sold out a Club in the Championship for a good return.
Same as what Lee Power will do. (harder task though).

Like Andrew Black no but his money and his choice.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:30:29 »

As I understand it...

He was never a football man.  Horse racing was and is his passion.  Got involved with STFC when a few of his friends did, and the friends then dropped away one by one...leaving him 'holding the baby'.  It was at that point that it all started getting very expensive.

I think I understand why he got out when he did, even if I regret the timing.  (But had he stuck around until the summer, I suspect we would now be getting murdered in the Championship - with Di Canio having also left in the summer.)

On balance, he deserves a huge vote of thanks.  He left us in better shape than he found us.  The attendance figures are testament to that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:39:13 »

But had he stuck around until the summer, I suspect we would now be getting murdered in the Championship - with Di Canio having also left in the summer

That sounds great. I'm bored with league 1. I'd welcome a bad season at Championship level (as long as we kept player contracts manageable).
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 22:20:25 »

He left us in better shape than he found us. 

This

That is the ultimate test of any Chairman.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 22:23:17 »

He took us over on the brink of administration and sold us on the brink of administration. We had some nice days in the middle, and the club is a lot more professionally run now, but it's pretty interesting how it financially came full circle.

Things get better but they never get good
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 22:41:48 »

He's clearly a bit of a mug with his money but each to their own. He bankrolls Tom Dascombe ffs who is one of the worst trainers in the racing game. Suppose he's got plenty to squander. We should count ourselves fortunate some of it was squandered on us.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 23:01:08 »

He's clearly a bit of a mug with his money but each to their own. He bankrolls Tom Dascombe ffs who is one of the worst trainers in the racing game. Suppose he's got plenty to squander. We should count ourselves fortunate some of it was squandered on us.

Yep.  That's how he got rich.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 23:34:49 »

For the first time ever I actually agree with bogus dave. I had the same conversation the other day, when asked about us, when the new board took over we were about 10th in L1, 4 years later after 2 playoffs a relegation and a promotion, we were in the same position, It goes deeper than that isn't our record something like W 1000, D 1000, L 1000 F 15k against 15k ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: