Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Wycombe Wanderers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18378 times)
kerry red

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 11:36:29 »

Summed what up, how?

The comical aspect to some of our recent defending
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:34:37 »

The comical aspect to some of our recent defending
aaah I see. I thought you were referring to the match as a whole.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:55:47 »

An away view

http://gasroom.co.uk/

Quote from: Cecil
Gutted to have lost the game in the manner we did although we were outplayed for the majority of the game.
Just wished we'd have retained the ball better and had a go at Swindon more as their defence looked very nervous. Mind you, to attack team you have to get the ball first and we seemed to be chasing shadows for large parts of the game.

Jo Kuffour ? Why does Ainsworth still persist with him ? he was a passenger the entire game and contributed virtually nothing.

Charles Dunne. I really don't know what's going on with this boy but ever since his move to Blackpool he's not been anywhere near the player we know he can be. His ball distribution of late is laughable and he looks like he'll get a nose bleed each time he crosses the half way line. His part in the lead up to the free kick for their winning goal was a joke. Firstly, from a decent position well inside the Swindon half he plays the most inept ball you will ever see and concedes possession. In his defence he does track back very quickly but instead of trying to stay on his feet, he dives in and concedes the free kick that leads to their winner.
If he carries on with his form of late then Blackpool can't have him soon enough!

edit: now with selected TEF quotes: http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=338751
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 12:59:51 by Batch » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:01:26 »

Had to laugh at how gutted their no. 8 looked having given 1-0 gestures to the crowd part way through the 2nd half.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 13:31:28 »

Had to laugh at how gutted their no. 8 looked having given 1-0 gestures to the crowd part way through the 2nd half.

Not sure if been quoted further back, but Gareth Ainsworth was hopping around the touchline like a mad man most of the game! I did enjoy his clap to the away fans just before the build up for the winning goal happened...certainly wiped the smile off his face!

#VivaKenBarlow!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:34:31 »

Wycombe Wanderers FC ‏@wwfcofficial 1m
GA: "For all their possession they didn’t have many shots on goal and they scored from a deflection and a free-kick." #onewycombe
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:22:22 »

GA: "For all their possession they didn’t have many shots on goal and they scored from a deflection and a free-kick." #onewycombe

Yawn !!

Their no. 19 kept on hoofing the ball from the back. That's all he did all night. You can't score if you cannot keep the ball.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:23:44 »

I do actually think that is a fair summary of the game.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:33:05 »

Thats an awfully cynical view, Mr. Ainsworth. Almost an odd way to promote a performance in which your team were extremely fortunate and largely outplayed for most, if not all, of the game. You should just be happy you weren't spanked.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 17:49:22 »

Yeah we only had 16 shots to their 5 and 64% possession. Shit.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 18:02:59 »

As in control of the match we may have been last night, I didn't think we were going to make the breakthrough such was our struggle to create anything in the final third.

What has happened to that backline. I have been cautious to slate Ward this season as he was probably my favourite player from the last campaign but very recently he has been all over the place. Can only be the change in formation, 'his legs have gone' doesn't cut it for me, his legs had gone last season and he was superb.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 18:10:50 »

How many actual outfield coaches do we have? Just Cooper and Williams? Maybe a defensive coach might be needed rather than a new player.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 18:16:08 »

How many actual outfield coaches do we have? Just Cooper and Williams? Maybe a defensive coach might be needed rather than a new player.
Cooper was a defender wasnt he? His dad was one of the best defenders the country has produced!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 18:50:12 »

Just looked him up.  So Coops' Dad was player manager for both Bristol Rovers and Bristol City?  Well I never knew that.
london_red

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 18:54:21 »

Wasn't there something at the start of the season about Ward helping out with the coaching?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: