Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All In One Printer  (Read 3246 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 22:57:27 »

Father wants to get one. Won't use it much. Wants something cheap but with cheap cartridges.

I use a Kodak - Didn't realise they had gone bust and pulled out of the market!

Any recommendations?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 23:27:39 »

I've got an Epson SX235W. All-in-one and cartridges are about £8 for three off-brand refills (that I've not had a problem with). Long as you print something once a month I've not had a problem.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 08:54:41 »

I've got a Lexmark - good printer but buying new cartridges almost makes me cry!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 09:18:05 »

I've got a Lexmark - good printer but buying new cartridges almost makes me cry!!
You've mixed up cartridges with onions. Not only will that induce tearing when installing them but it will greatly reduce the quality of the print outs too. Although they will taste nicer.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 09:18:57 »

You've mixed up cartridges with onions. Not only will that induce tearing when installing them but it will greatly reduce the quality of the print outs too. Although they will taste nicer.
soapy tit wank
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 09:36:14 »

Home all in ones are all pretty much of a muchness now. I've got an HP which is better than my last Epson, the snidey cartridges from amazon are always pretty good now, so I wouldnt recommend buying genuine as they normally cost as much as the original unit, so not worth it these days.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 11:00:18 »

For years I had an HP. I then switched to a Kodak. The HP was a better printer, but the Kodak is as cheap as chips to run.

My father was looking at Canon Pixma MP230MF. Seems carts are about £15. Reviews say cheap printer without punishing running costs.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 11:10:49 »

I have an Epson and buy cheap cartridges from Ebay.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 12:04:35 »

We've had lots of them. Had some terrible ones such as Kodak and Lexmark, but always come back to HP, which have been the most robust and reliable for us over the years. Coloured XL ink is around £8-£9 online, black around £18.

Our current model is Officejet 6500A plus, which I'm sure has been updated with a newer model since we bought it in 2012.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 12:47:54 »

Most Hp's are actually made by Canon and rebadged. Most Dell printers are Lexmarks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 13:40:01 »

I got a cheap Epson SX25 once. It was the most hateful piece of junk I've ever owned printer wise. I wasn't expecting much for £20, I got far less. The paper handling was woeful, the thing took ages to feed paper and actually start printing. In the end I lobbed it away before the ink had even run out.

I doubt they still make them, but don't get an SX25 if they do.

Canon Pixma all the way for me, but it doesn't exactly fulfil the 'cheap run' category.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 23:11:58 »

Cheesy
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 23:12:36 »

Maybe don't buy them
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: