Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Murrell goes  (Read 13107 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:11:20 »

By some. And some, like Reg said, stressed the need to be vigilant etc etc. It's not all black or white.

Come on Paul, you can't deny that the TEF was rife with over-reaction and accusations against unfounded rumour which is exactly what Reg is trying to play down. Yes, some people merely stressed the need to be vigilant but let's not pretend the forum was a rational place.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:16:10 »

I never had a problem with "the need to remain vigilant". We should still be doing the same now and always. Unless you know Jed personally then this will always be the case to some extent.

There were plenty of people on here who seemed to enjoy the conspiracy theories and bollocks though. And the bollocks quota certainly went through the roof around that time. As Flash says it wasn't a great place to be. A few questions I could have lived with.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:17:48 »

Reg suggests a little wait and see and then adds that questions were asked and that is apparently bollocks?

Earlier we are re-assured that there will be no asset stripping because of the signing of Luongo and that sceptics of the Board propounded 'The board are evil money stripping thieving chancers' type rumours.

I am delighted with how matters have developed since August but it seems to me that the extreme statements come from the iron-fisted Board zealots who now act as if they are ITK to the contrary when any doubts are raised.

I didn't get a hammer and nails out but I was heavily sarcastic when Jed came up with the discovery of a 1950s debt being a reason for the M'Bargo not being lifted and my belief is that these were silly fibs deserving of some scorn and possibly even concern. 

I think even the Board admitted that it's PR was an area to improve on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:32:10 »

Come on Paul, you can't deny that the TEF was rife with over-reaction and accusations against unfounded rumour which is exactly what Reg is trying to play down. Yes, some people merely stressed the need to be vigilant but let's not pretend the forum was a rational place.

I didn't deny that. I said it was a sliding scale. One of the big problems with this forum over the past couple of years is the constant need some have to categorise everything as 100% doom-mongers or 100% happy clappy. It's rarely one or the other, but some people try to pigeonhole pretty much every post or poster they disagree with. And there was a LOT of that at the time, much of it aimed at people who were just stressing the need to be vigilant/sceptical. There was a lot of hysterical irrationality on BOTH extremes of the discussion which, as usual when discussions go to extremes like that, buried the shades of grey in the middle.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 23:08:51 »

I still see Power as some kind of wannabe Bond villain type (Gert Frobe's Goldfinger, possibly), sitting in his Swiss hideaway stroking his furry white cat, and Murrell was just one of his expendable henchmen.  I see Jed as Herve Villechaiz's Nick Nack from the Man with the Golden Gun, and Sangita Shah as Irma Bunt from On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
You do see a lot of crap Grin
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 07:27:33 »

I still see Power as some kind of wannabe Bond villain type (Gert Frobe's Goldfinger, possibly), sitting in his Swiss hideaway stroking his furry white cat, and Murrell was just one of his expendable henchmen.  I see Jed as Herve Villechaiz's Nick Nack from the Man with the Golden Gun, and Sangita Shah as Irma Bunt from On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Goldfinger, of course didnt have a white cat - that was Blofeld.
He did however have a private pilot called Pussy Galore.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 07:31:26 »

Yeah, come on, if you're going to compare Bond villains and their pets at least get it right Roll Eyes
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 07:56:30 »

Stop getting Bond wrong.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 08:14:14 »

Although Goldfinger does have a cat in the novel. It isn't white though and if memory serves me correct he gives it to Oddjob as a treat....
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 08:52:02 »

Goldfinger, of course didnt have a white cat - that was Blofeld.
He did however have a private pilot called Pussy Galore.

Read my post again.  I didn't say that Goldfinger was stroking the cat.  I likened Power to Goldfinger because they both have ginger hair.

For fuck's sake, if you want to be that picky, the unnamed bald villain in For Your Eyes Only (played by John Hollis) also had a white cat.  Who's to say that Lee Power doesn't have one, too?   Grin

Anyway, enough of this bollocks, I'm off to get the train to Macclesfield.   Bye
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 08:55:33 by Sir Pissalot » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 08:57:05 »

Dr Evil had a cat. He also had sharks with lasers
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 08:57:52 »

Stop getting Bond wrong.

Deserves a YouTube clip.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 09:00:27 »

Ha ha superb. Who says the TEF's lost it's touch? Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 11:03:31 »

Deserves a YouTube clip.

Fiona Fullerton isn't in The Spy Who Loved Me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 11:52:19 »

Fiona Fullerton isn't in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Yeah, but it's Alan Partridge who said it...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: