Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread 2013/14 - The Ashes Down Under  (Read 106331 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #495 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 11:51:01 »

I'm refusing to watch it.  It seems reasonable to assume that they are being a complete embarrassment again. 

Just think, they will soon be enjoying the luxury of first class air travel home! There are some who I would not let back in the Country (Dernbach, for one), let alone allow them to be pampered all the way back here.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 11:57:42 »

Best you don't look at the score, pretend we weren't playing is my advice!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 12:16:31 »

J Dernbach 11-0-141-1

Thanks for coming mate. Might as well stay out on holiday for a bit. Ten years should do it
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Sunday, February 2, 2014, 19:31:21 »

Well it's all finally over - 5-0 Test series defeat, 4-1 ODI defeat and a 3-0 t20 series defeat, utterly humiliating, embarrassing and humbling. Surely now the only way is up! Flower has gone which gives the new man a chance to build his own team and legacy right from the bottom up. Flower was just a casualty of time - he had a great 5 year spell in charge, winning 3x Ashes Series, t20 World Cup, took us to #1 in the test, odi and t20 rankings and won away in India - nobody can and should ever take that away from him. All good things come to an end and now it's time for someone else to raise this England team (in all formats) and prepare for what is a key few years (t20 WC in April, 50 over WC next year and a home Ashes series in 2015) and get us firing again. I'm looking forward to the Summer already, think and hope we'll see some youngsters given a chance in all formats. As some have said, it may get worse before it gets better, but for me it can't get any worse, so here's to a new era in English cricket!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:00:56 »

KP binned then, as the fallout continues....
DMR

« Reply #500 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:05:30 »

How the fuck can you bin off your only genuine match winner, with 14,000 England runs, because of a personality problem? He's a bell end but he's also world class. What ever happened to professionalism? Wankers.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:06:45 »

KP binned then, as the fallout continues....

Well at least KP can go and play and make his money in the IPL, which he's wanted to do for years.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:11:35 »

How the fuck can you bin off your only genuine match winner, with 14,000 England runs, because of a personality problem? He's a bell end but he's also world class. What ever happened to professionalism? Wankers.

Reminds me a bit of when Somerset skipper Peter Roebuck, binned Sir Viv and Joel Garner because he couldn't manage them...so Botham left the club in protest....that the Oxford born Roebuck was later shown to be a toff with a penchant for spanking young men's bottoms, being neither here or there...

If England get an improvement from not having KP around then, I suppose the decision is vindicated...
DMR

« Reply #503 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:12:29 »

Erm... If we draw a test match in the summer that would be an improvement Reg. I'm not sure that can be attributed to sacking off KP.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:15:13 »

Erm... If we draw a test match in the summer that would be an improvement Reg. I'm not sure that can be attributed to sacking off KP.

Obviously, a little time needs to elapse before the decision can be judged...
DMR

« Reply #505 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:21:21 »

An equally spurious argument - with KP leading the way we've won 3 Ashes series, a world T20, won in India... He was arguably our top performer in all bar the first Ashes win in 2005..
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:37:31 »

Silly decision to get rid of KP, at least in the short term, you need your best players around to help pick you back up. KP is a world class player and whilst he didn't set the series alight in Australia he was still the top run scorer. Personally think he should have been allowed to go out on his own terms and deserved a crack at 2015 World Cup/Ashes!

England are a better side with KP in it, but appears the powers that be think otherwise!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:43:01 »

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:45:07 »

Genuinely insane. Lucky we have loads of top class batsmen to come in...
kerry red

« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, February 4, 2014, 19:49:56 »

But nobody knows what effect KP'S being in the side has n the others.

Obviously something was majorly wrong with the squad in Oz.

One bad apple and all that.

We've seen at first hand how lack of togetherness can affect a team
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: