Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust updates on the County Ground ACV nomination  (Read 5863 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 21:11:44 »

Posted here

http://www.truststfc.com/county-ground-nominated-as-acv/

and here..

http://www.truststfc.com/the-acv-application-faqs/

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 19:04:59 »

And as the News Monkey seems to have missed it (possibly due to it being in the 'Adver news rather than Sports section) here is the article from todays paper

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10786924.Swindon_Town_trust_s_community_asset_bid_for_County_Ground/?ref=twt
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 19:08:15 »

It does seem a bit odd to me the trust barging ahead of this without approval from the club. I know their hearts in the right place but, twinned with the fiasco over the agm minutes they don't seem to be one for engagement

Things get better but they never get good
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 21:16:01 »

It does seem a bit odd to me the trust barging ahead of this without approval from the club. I know their hearts in the right place but, twinned with the fiasco over the agm minutes they don't seem to be one for engagement

Reading the article it sounds like they didn't even discuss it with the club. Seems a bit silly...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 22:17:48 »

Didn't the club promise to hold regular meetings with the Trust and the SC after the slightly frosty one in June? If those meetings have taken place and the Trust haven't raised it there, then you may have a point. If they haven't, then maybe it's the club that aren't being "one for engagement" (sic)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 22:51:06 »

Out of interest are the people who are still having a pop at the Trust over Wray (who isn't a member of the Trust board) asking for his comments at the AGM not to be minuted also still criticising Jed for his almost constant fall back on 'NDAs' when pressed for answers early in his reign?

For me both are understandable.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 22:55:46 »

Didn't the club promise to hold regular meetings with the Trust and the SC after the slightly frosty one in June? If those meetings have taken place and the Trust haven't raised it there, then you may have a point. If they haven't, then maybe it's the club that aren't being "one for engagement" (sic)

If the trust have tried to arrange meetings and got nowhere i'd agree, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 23:05:02 »

They have
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 07:44:27 »

If the trust have tried to arrange meetings and got nowhere i'd agree, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
This certainly seems to suggest they have, precisely as you say, "tried to arrange meetings and got nowhere".
Have you discussed this with the club?
The Trust have tried to keep an open dialogue with the Club since our last meeting in June
http://www.truststfc.com/the-acv-application-faqs/

Obviously if you know different, that they haven't made any effort or that meetings have taken place, then fair enough, but I've not seen any evidence to suggest that. Not that I've looked very hard either Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 07:46:55 »

Okey doke, fair enough

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 09:31:51 »

This is not a dig at the Trust, but who came up with this initiative and was it discussed with the membership first?

As a paid up member, the first I heard of it was when it hit the Adver. Did I miss something?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 10:28:59 »

This is not a dig at the Trust, but who came up with this initiative and was it discussed with the membership first?

As a paid up member, the first I heard of it was when it hit the Adver. Did I miss something?
I was wondering the same.

So when does the speculation as to why the club would oppose this initiative start?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 10:42:37 »

This makrs a mockery of the whole Trust thing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 11:04:37 »

I assumed I'd just missed an email
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 7, 2013, 16:38:05 »

Given that Steve Murrall was the Trusts point of contact, I think this afternoons news clears up the 'did they really ask the club for a meeting over the ACV' issue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: