Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tough Mudder  (Read 10108 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 17:54:51 »

Ha ha. Someone's caught the bug! Look out for the email to get cheaper tickets.

I've booked up for Henley on Thames (London west) on May 2nd, and want to do an event in Germany.

Next time you get to do the legionnaires cause which has fire in your hole!

I think I'll book sat 2 May too, before midnight Wednesday. Give me something to aim for during the winter. Don't really fancy half marathons, prefer the cross country/obstacle events.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 18:46:53 »

Have watched a couple of videos of it, and it does looks like a lot of fun.
How do you even train for something like that though?

I've just started doing a bit of running again and playing footie again a couple of times a week after an ongoing groin problem, and I either want to have a crack at the half marathon or something like this next year, if only to give me something to aim for.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 19:31:05 »

Just get yourself in a position where you can run a few miles and have the right never give up kind of mental attitude and you'll be fine. You'll love it.

I'm considering doing some extreme cross country 10k'er near Cheltenham in February. Sounds like a good laugh.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 20:57:39 »

Have watched a couple of videos of it, and it does looks like a lot of fun.
How do you even train for something like that though?

I've just started doing a bit of running again and playing footie again a couple of times a week after an ongoing groin problem, and I either want to have a crack at the half marathon or something like this next year, if only to give me something to aim for.

Go trail running. Especially now winter is coming. Run in the rain and the cold. I've never run more than 6 miles in training.

Tough Mudder is also about mental training, and not just physical. For example artic enema, Everest or electo shock you just cannot train for...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 20:59:06 »

Jan, photos now online at gamefacemedia

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 21:52:48 »

Seen them Sippo, looks like I managed to avoid most of the photographers except a decent group shot after muddy mile.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 22:01:24 »

There's normally photos at the end

Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 31, 2014, 23:06:18 »

Well done to all those who complete this wonderful event.

It's much tougher than tough guy, which is just a pale copy.

Can I have my name back ?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 1, 2014, 15:15:48 »

No. Cunt.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 00:45:58 »

diddums
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 10:25:58 »

Much as I disagree with most of what NBR posts, I don't think mods have any business messing about with people's user-names. Just stick to moderating on the rare occasions it's required.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 11:06:13 »

Much as I disagree with most of what NBR posts, I don't think mods have any business messing about with people's user-names. Just stick to moderating on the rare occasions it's required.

the mods on here are a lot more childish than your usual one though. Not that that's a bad thing of course, I enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I came on here one day and you were 'Cheese eating surrender monkey' for example.
Flashheart

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 11:08:34 »

soapy tit wank. Good luck with that then!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 13:49:03 »

Well I really didn't see that one coming when I raised my head over the parapet to take on the might of the TEF politburo.  Roll Eyes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 2, 2014, 13:57:22 »

the mods on here are a lot more childish than your usual one though. Not that that's a bad thing of course, I enjoy it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I came on here one day and you were 'Cheese eating surrender monkey' for example.

Shhh. They'd never have come up with that on their own.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: