Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tough Mudder  (Read 10215 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 19:09:26 »

Anyone done one of these? Just signed up for next year's Winchester event. Going to be hard as i've never ran a half marathon let alone 13 miles with obstacles like that. Got roped into it by an account of mine, should be a day to remember.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 19:33:31 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=52473.0

Doing the Kettering one.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 20:20:46 »

I bloody searched for 'Tough Mudder' using the search function and it just brought up a load of daily news articles by that chuffing monkey.

Oh well.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:44:49 »

don't they give you electric shocks ?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:05:57 »

Jan, how did you get on? I found it very hard and completed in 3 hours.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:30:58 »

Doing it tomorrow Sippo. Not looking forward to it at all in all honesty. Feel a lot fitter than I was a month ago, but it's gonna be a massive struggle for me. Just got to complete it.

Well done for doing it mate, well earned shirt, head band and pint eh?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:36:55 »

I won't lie. It has killed me. Harder than the ciren one. But you will love it! Enjoy the eye candy, and the obstacles! For electric eel, do it fast. Leave a gap and go quick. If you go slow like some did today, you will be worse off!

Bit of advice it took us 3/4 hour to get in the car park, and then a 20 min walk. Leave early!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:50:05 »

Leaving Swindon at 7am for a half ten start. Sounds like I'll be knackered before I start!

Killed you but enjoyed it yeah?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 20:54:20 »

Mate, it always is ace. Some people are 'funny' about get wet and muddy but just go for it! Tie those shoe laces tightly!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 17:07:12 »

Well that was a great experience, absolutely loved it. Ache like I've never ached before but that's part of it. Great event, glad to have completed it. Time wasn't great 3.5hrs but one of our lot got cramp at balls to the wall and struggled from there, with around 5.5 miles to go.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 19:08:24 »

Glad you loved it. Wait til tmrw. Aches and bruises will appear! 3.5 miles isn't that bad.

How did you find the 'valleys'?! That's one of, if not the hardest, courses in the UK, so well done.

Favourite obstacle?

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 20:25:00 »

For me walk the plank was where TM started today. Muddy mile (?) was great, especially as we went in on the right hand side and were literally above our waists in mud. Arctic enema was everything I thought it'd be, and so painful when you got out.

Loved the running, which surprised me, though my groins are shot. The valleys were something else, never run more than 6 miles in one go before, so to do 12 on that terrain felt good.

Getting up Everest was probably the greatest sense of achievement felt, hugged a few of my team mates at that point as we'd done it then, the shocks were fine, and the beer at the end lovely.

Roll on TM'15.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 21:34:23 »

Ha ha. Someone's caught the bug! Look out for the email to get cheaper tickets.

I've booked up for Henley on Thames (London west) on May 2nd, and want to do an event in Germany.

Next time you get to do the legionnaires cause which has fire in your hole!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 21:37:41 »

Also keep an eye out for photos on their Facebook uk page, and by the end of the week on gamefacemedia.com

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 22:55:49 »

Tough guy is waaaaay better you saps! Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: