Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poland v England matchday thread  (Read 12165 times)
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 22:42:16 »

Completely disagree. Had a decent game tonight but has been shit for most of his 100+ caps. An overrated player like a lot of other English players. Nearly went to Chelsea but didn't but apart from that how many teams have been in for him.  
He would have gone to Chelsea had it not been for the death threats (allegidly)
lambourn red

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 22:49:27 »

Just back to hotel what an atmosphere great game of football bloody poles all over the ground but they soon sloped away . At least we have a bit of interest next summer no chance of winning it not with a dodgy defence. Got me right up for Friday night buzzing
Levi lapper

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 00:38:41 »

Completely disagree. Had a decent game tonight but has been shit for most of his 100+ caps. An overrated player like a lot of other English players. Nearly went to Chelsea but didn't but apart from that how many teams have been in for him.  
Eek
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 06:31:53 »

Gerrard has been England's best player at the last three tournaments they've played in

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 07:40:30 »

That was a very enjoyable game to watch last night, been a while since I've felt much of an emotional attachment to the National team but it was there last night.

Just hope we don't have to endure the standard routine of scraping through the group and losing to the first decent team we face in the knockouts.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 07:57:17 »

poor old Lewandowski looked like a man disgusted with his teammates lack of ability for most of the second half
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:18:35 »

I actually quite enjoyed watching the game last night, it was good end to end stuff much like an English cup tie, Poles were good on the break.

I don't really get Sturridge, I think he has quick feet and pace but his finishing is at times woeful but he offers more than most that are in competition for the striker spot like Defoe and Lambert.

Hart is so inconsistant in goal, one minute brilliant the next appalling, although he was fairly solid yesterday.

Gerrard and Rooney both had their best England games for ages, Gerrard is ok but not brilliant for England but doesnt let us down, unlike Lampard who goes missing for days on end in some games Cheesy

Carrick did well in front the back 4 and for me works better with Gerrard than Lampard does.

I really enjoy watching Townsend with the ball, hes a much better player for me already than Walcott, Milner or Oxlade-Chamberlain, much more direct with a great long range shot on him, eager and wanting to run with the ball.

Welbeck looks so clumsy yet seems to get in our best attacking positions and often does well, I like his unpredictability.

For me the best player on the night though was Baines, who goes about his duty really well and is hardly ever out of position even though he bombs forward all the time.

No we won't win the World Cup next year but I think this team can get to the Quarters again.

Let the unrealistic expectations of the nation begin....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:23:28 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:20:55 »

Great to see Wembley rocking towards the end. Shame the home fans got completely outsung by the Poles for most of the game - the natural result of pricing your average football fan out of going to watch the national team I suppose.

Good performance from England last night, particularly Rooney and Townsend. Not the finished article, particularly at the back, but very refreshing to see us set out to win a game. I think Roy has done a lot to win his critics over, and the team seem to genuinely enjoy representing their country for a change.

Now for the usual senseless media hype. Semi-finals would be a great achievement given our squad, QFs probably a more realistic expectation depending on the draw.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:23:11 »

Great to see Wembley rocking towards the end. Shame the home fans got completely outsung by the Poles for most of the game - the natural result of pricing your average football fan out of going to watch the national team I suppose.

Good performance from England last night, particularly Rooney and Townsend. Not the finished article, particularly at the back, but very refreshing to see us set out to win a game. I think Roy has done a lot to win his critics over, and the team seem to genuinely enjoy representing their country for a change.

Now for the usual senseless media hype. Semi-finals would be a great achievement given our squad, QFs probably a more realistic expectation depending on the draw.
Didn't seem to be an issue for the poverty stricken benefit cheats stealing our jobs and sending all their money home Poles
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:50:17 »

Went last night and didn't think Gerard was that great really.

Good to win though and the FA's decision to allocate double the normal number to stop Polish fans getting in the English section was completely flawed, they were everywhere and good job we won as it had the potential to get nasty.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 08:51:36 »

I have only just seen the stats for the England games since Woy took over as manager, they are actually quite impressive.

Played 22, Won 13, Drawn 8 and Lost just 1 (2 if you count the Italy game that we lost on penalties which was a draw at full time).

We have beaten Italy away, Spain, Brazil, Belgium, drawn away in Brazil.

We have only lost 1 game away in Sweden where Ibra won the match single handedly scoring all 4.

We qualified without losing a game for the first time in nearly 24 years with an 8-0 away victory which is equally the biggest away victory since 1960 (the other 8-0 away victory being against Turkey in 84).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 09:42:40 »

England are nearly always good at qualifying.

I'm hoping the roy does a bit of a bobby Robson when we get to Brazil. Surpass expectations.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 10:21:34 »

Brazil or the Argies will win it. England will do as they always do
DMR

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 10:57:33 »

I dislike all this (admittedly restrained) positivity.

If we hadnt got out of that group it would have been an absolute farce. Leaving it to the last game is bad enough. As for some of the scenes last night... Celebrating like we've won the fucking thing, never mind qualified for it...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 11:20:44 »

Didn't seem to be an issue for the poverty stricken benefit cheats stealing our jobs and sending all their money home Poles

Teehee. Oh you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: