Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smart Phones/Music  (Read 1683 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 14:33:41 »

I've currently got the iPhone4 which has been on a two year contract and in about three months I'll be able to get an upgrade. I'm pretty sick to death of the iPhone now and everything about shitty cunty Apple products in general including iTunes which usually fucks up on my laptop.

I'm not hugely in to my phones where I need to have the latest of everything or the best camera of any of that shite (hence still having an iPhone4) but what I would like is any old smartphone that can do the basics of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. I also want to use it for my music. My current iPhone is 5GB which isn't bad but a bit more would be ideal.

Anyone got any decent suggestions of the phones I should be looking at?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 14:40:35 »

I've still got my HTC desire that's coming up on its fourth birthday now, and it still does everything. I'm sure they'll be cheap (if you can find one, very old hat now).

Anything thats a couple of years old should be fine though, if you get an Android you'll probably have expandable memory anyway (micro SD normally). Find something your price range and then check cnet.com to see whether they like it or not. Don't bother with .co.uk, their opinion ain't worth shite.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 14:44:42 »

You won't go wrong with anything in the Samsung Galaxy range (S3/S4/Note2/Note3). Have a look at them. Some of those models are a year or two old, so will possibly be cheap too.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 14:50:17 »

I'm liking the sound of the cheapness of some of these models that will do what I'm asking. I think I naively thought that an iPhone would be ideal a year and a half ago....a mistake I'm sure many have made.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 15:29:40 »

Nexus 4 has recently been reduced. Although the 5 should be announced any time soon.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 19:57:51 »

I got an HTC phone from work. Absolute piece of shit, though admittedly its a bottom of the range model.

Google Nexus's are pretty decent and a good price.

The Nokia Lumia's are also good and worth a look, provided you're ok with the Windows interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: