Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'get it forward' man in the Arkells  (Read 6499 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:51:19 »

Anyone sat behind the exec box in the Arkells tonight a little to the right? What's the deal with the balding man with the '4 Luongo' shirt? Chewing his scarf all game in between consistently shouting 'Get it forward' or just 'Forward!' every couple of minutes, even with 30 seconds left of the game and Swindon camped just outside the Plymouth final third. Even after the people surrounding him are mocking him shouting 'side to side!' 'backwards!', etc.

If you're reading this....I think you need some help. You have your head in your hands the whole game like we're on the verge of throwing away a 5-0 lead to Oxford in a cup final and have a scowl similar to mine after we've just had a pasting....football cannot be enjoyable to you surely?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:54:58 »

haha, I was sat at the back in front of the press box and I wanted to scream at the bloke to shut up. Unfortunately he wasn't the only culprit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:56:46 »

At one point 80% of the ground groaned when we were attack on the right then passed it backwards. Then we passed long and the ball went out for a goal kick.

I thought they had a point on Saturday, and maybe the last 20 minutes tonight. But not at that point in the match.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:59:58 »

"Get it Forward!" by Arkells Man

could be something for the next Washbag T shirt?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:03:32 »

Does this bloke sit row in front of the press box, in the middle? There's some bozo who spouts nonsense who sits there, came out with the pearler "I came here to watch football" on saturday, as we played it around with consummate ease.

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:15:09 »

Does this bloke sit row in front of the press box, in the middle? There's some bozo who spouts nonsense who sits there, came out with the pearler "I came here to watch football" on saturday, as we played it around with consummate ease.

No this guy is a couple of rows behind the executive fenced off area but also a little to the right. It's a shame he's not the only one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:15:42 »

Can we round them up and stick them on the bank?
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:16:13 »

Mr Morshead seemed a tad frustrated about it earlier.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:19:48 »

It's fucking stupid.  If we are in possession of the ball it makes it harder for the opposition to score and easier for us.  If we just hump it forward then we, more often than not, give the ball away.  Bloody hard to score without the ball.

Some of our football has been wonderful this year, and some twats just want it pumped forward, hell's teeth.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:20:33 »

Its going to take the whole "get it forward" brigade at least a season to understand what's going on.

Generally they all seem to be old cunts and are at the age where change is tough to accept.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:27:26 by Abrahammer » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:26:14 »

It reminds me of this  Smiley

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:32:22 »

I don't think he was all there. He was shouting it even when we didn't have possession.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 23:07:53 »

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, he appears to be in training to be motormouth's apprentice.

On a slightly related note, there was a lot more odd fruit at the ground today than I remember there ever being. Perhaps because the attendance was so low and they weren't diluted down by the crowd like usual.  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 23:44:31 »

It's better than "skin 'im"
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 06:58:46 »

The groans at our passing seem to be increasing, not decreasing as I thought it should as the season moves forward.  Some of our fans don't deserve to have a team that stroke it around patiently, opening up and tiring teams out.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: