Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yaser Kasim  (Read 49221 times)
Flashheart

« on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 19:53:34 »

Considering he has been praised so much since the season started, I think the lad deserves his own thread.

I get the impression he is the defensive midfield equivalent to Colin Calderwood?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 19:56:40 »

I was just saying in the transfer thread, he has been a great signing. He's only 22 as well. Was he signed on a 1 year deal? Get him signed up longer i say, you can see why Brighton thought he had something about him.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 19:59:44 »

I was just about to post in the match day thread, then saw this...

I could watch our third goal all night just for the touch, skill and vision shown by YK.

It was truly exquisite. And his pass to Ranger for the first goal reminded me of Hazard threading it through the eye of a needle for Shearer 'back in the day'.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:04:46 »

His vision and passmaking is much better than ice cool cols ever was, more along the lines of Hazard I would say
He looked good first game out and has just got better

Doesnt always manage a full game so guessing not 100% fit yet
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:07:15 »

I love the way he goes about his business. He covers a huge amount of ground, closes people down quickly, makes himself available to receive the ball, plays the simple pass to open up play and did you see the way he played Ryan Mason in for his first goal?  Oh. and he couldn't get a game in the Conference last season.  I hope he acquires cult status here.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:08:22 »

I'd say more akin to John Moncur - hard in the tackle but vision and quality with it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:08:35 »

I love the way he goes about his business. He covers a huge amount of ground, closes people down quickly, makes himself available to receive the ball, plays the simple pass to open up play and did you see the way he played Ryan Mason in for his first goal?  Oh. and he couldn't get a game in the Conference last season. I hope he acquires cult status here.
I suspect he's well on the way to it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:10:29 »

I'd say more akin to John Moncur - hard in the tackle but vision and quality with it.

Have we finally replaced John Moncur?  I think we have.  Kasim's a bloody star.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:11:20 »

I like him, saw him getting back into back into covering positions. breaks up play well and picks out passes well.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:15:00 »

I'd say more akin to John Moncur - hard in the tackle. .

Ooeerr Sad
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:22:06 »

Got it in one, very good call
Dozno9

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 20:28:22 »

I've said this in the MD thread but whoever spotted him deserves huge credit, great signing.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:04:14 »

I love the way he goes about his business. He covers a huge amount of ground, closes people down quickly, makes himself available to receive the ball, plays the simple pass to open up play and did you see the way he played Ryan Mason in for his first goal?

+1
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:17:44 »

First town match I've managed to get to this season. First thing on my mind after seeing that match is just how classy Kasim is. Read a few things on here saying he looks pretty composed and cool, but wasn't expecting anything as good as that. The way he set up ranger's and mason's goals was superb. Look forward to watching him a lot more.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:24:40 »

Kasim looks like nonchalance personified. Very impressive.

I had him down as a squad filler when he signed. The fact that he was only given a one year deal suggests that, initially, the club did too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: