Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iPad repair recommendations  (Read 2717 times)
Im Reddy

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 17:20:10 »

So I've dropped my iPad from a great height. Screen survived and it works fine, but want to get the back casing replaced. Google only brings up repairs via post which is a bit iffy; can anyone recommend a reliable company that does repairs? thanks
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 18:46:48 »

Worth going into an official store to get their opinion...my brother's 5-year old dropped theirs, and got a very good deal on a new one, without any valid warranty....
Im Reddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:35:12 »

Thanks, that's interesting to know, I'll try that first.
fatbasher

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:44:50 »

Mine fell off the work top earlier in the year. The glass just crazed, completely different to a car windscreen, nasty splinters all over the place so be warned. I sent mine back to HO and one of the IT bods replaced the screen, however if the casing is damaged then it's a pig of a repair as the new class won't always fit back!!! Good luck.
Im Reddy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:59:10 »

It is the back unfortunately- all bent out if shape and there's now a gap between the case and screen on one corner, god knows how the screen survived.
fatbasher

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 21:00:47 »

It is the back unfortunately- all bent out if shape and there's now a gap between the case and screen on one corner, god knows how the screen survived.

I fear that could be the dearest repair option. IIRC IT bod said screen was peanuts  Sad
Im Reddy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 21:07:20 »

Typical Sad
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 07:37:52 »

There's a phone repairs place in the tented market in Swindon.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 09:39:13 »

http://www.computerpoint.co.uk/ipad-repair-in-swindon/locations/swindon/ipad-repair-in-swindon

A friend of mine used these and had no problems.   I think there's also a place on Commercial Road, but I don't know what it's called.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: