Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Torquay United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40077 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 14:12:09 »

I took it very personally as I was at work last night and couldn't post anything -Maybe its me that drags this forum down! :-(

Maybe?

Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 14:58:55 »

I took it very personally as I was at work last night and couldn't post anything -Maybe its me that drags this forum down! :-(

I feel your pain.
n hammonds teflon gloves

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 15:14:42 »

The one thing that really struck me last night (Apart from being very impressed by Kasim) was that we can't give time to the opposition to regroup when the ball goes out. I know that it requires an investment but maybe we need to adopt a multi-ball system?

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 15:25:35 »

The one thing that really struck me last night (Apart from being very impressed by Kasim) was that we can't give time to the opposition to regroup when the ball goes out. I know that it requires an investment but maybe we need to adopt a multi-ball system?

Oddly enough that idea was being banded about last night after the game. The only problem is the other team have to agree to it's usage.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 15:37:17 »

Does anyone use that anymore? Not noticed it for a few years now after it was all the rage for a bit.

The comments on here after the first two games - a narrow defeat and a narrow win no less - are extremely positive, something I wouldn't have imagined this time last week. I look forward to seeing this style of play in action, have we got any TV games coming up or am I going to have to plan a trip?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 15:39:41 »

Does anyone use that anymore? Not noticed it for a few years now after it was all the rage for a bit.

The comments on here after the first two games - a narrow defeat and a narrow win no less - are extremely positive, something I wouldn't have imagined this time last week. I look forward to seeing this style of play in action, have we got any TV games coming up or am I going to have to plan a trip?

Franchise away on 7th September.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
n hammonds teflon gloves

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 15:48:50 »

Now you mention it I haven't seen it either. Quick look on google tells me that it was phased out in 2011 for Football league.

www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20110805/footballs-back_2293334_2410453

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:12:52 »

My self-imposed ban from the CG this season didn't last long. I was there last night!

Not as bad as I was expecting - nice passing, although too much at the back at times. Nothing up front, as we all know. Pritchard was greedy and can't pass, but showed glimpses of the player he's supposed to be. I quite liked Mason in the 1st half - he made an amazing pass to Bryne (I think), which was Hoddle-esque. Luongo was pure class in the 2nd half and my MOTM. Williams is plain shit  Smiley Summed up when he should have passed to Storey for an easy tap in, but decided to shoot and hit the post.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:16:03 »

Summed up when he should have passed to Storey for an easy tap in, but decided to shoot and hit the post.
TBF I think Storey may have been offside, which a decent player will take into account.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:19:10 »

TBF I think Storey may have been offside, which a decent player will take into account.

Ah okay. I was sat near the halfway line and didn't think he was off. I'm sure Williams would have shot if Storey was onside or not!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 17:24:04 »

Have one of those in your eye!

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 17:49:59 »

With what Kasim(?) is doing in the background it looks more like a fight scene.

UPPERCUT!
Spud

« Reply #267 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 05:51:26 »

Kasim was my MOTM. That is all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 07:48:38 »

With what Kasim(?) is doing in the background it looks more like a fight scene.

UPPERCUT!

What you can't see is that he is lining up a massive club sandwich to put in his mouth.

Cult hero.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 08:24:23 »

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: