Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hack a Windows password  (Read 5894 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 28, 2013, 20:38:24 »

Okay, I can only get as far as downloading imgburn on those instructions Barry, because I'm working on a Mac and it's a .exe file that just brings up a notepad file of gobbledygook.

As you're on a Mac, you don't need imgburn at all, sorry should have clarified, that's just to burn it. Download this link:

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd110511.zip (Edit: you have to open this first, so you have the ISO file.)

Then burn it using toast. Right click, open with, Toast. (Not meaning to be patronising, apologies if seems that way. Wink )

Then insert the new burnt CD in the Windows Laptop and follow instructions. (YouTube vid from 4:10 or so onwards should help with instructions.)
fatbasher

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 28, 2013, 20:47:17 »

Having read through that lot I'm now sending an email to my solicitors giving them permission to envoke my will. My wife and sons telling them as such and I love them and always will, my boss telling him what to do with his job. Jed, you can give my ST to any worthy charity etc, etc.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 28, 2013, 21:19:13 »

I think I'm good now - burnt my download of XP using Toast and the computer read it, so I'm now deleting the HD data and installing XP again.

Many thanks all!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 10:49:09 »

Ach! No drivers installed, therefore no wi-fi, etc.

Guess I just download them from Dell and install? Shall I get the lot if possible?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-e5500
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 05:45:47 »

Read the descriptions carefully. You don't need the BACS control centre for the wired NIC and there are 2 different WLAN drivers. Install one at a time. It's easiest to install the NIC driver first then you can download the drivers on the laptop.

A good trick is to rename each download to what it actually is and save them permanently on your drive in case you ever need to do it again.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 09:57:13 »

Cheers Jay, I sorted all the rest of it last night.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 10:12:00 »

I hope this teaches you a lesson not to steal a computer ever again.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 10:18:16 »

Anyone want to buy a laptop?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: