Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match-fixer Alberto Comazzi takes legal action against Swindon  (Read 21981 times)
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 01:18:45 »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/328511/Match-fixer-Alberto-Comazzi-takes-legal-action-against-Swindon?

FFS.

Edit: Just noticed that the Daily Star has only just posted a story about Mason signing, so apologies if this is also old news and I just missed it the first time round.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 01:33:28 by Peter Gibbons » Logged

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
china red

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 01:52:38 »

I think this is new news, another thing the new board have had to deal with.  I wonder how much money PDC cost us with his first bunch of signings who were then moved on.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 05:03:33 »

Wonder how many more like this are going to come out of the woodwork?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 06:24:47 »

Oh Comazzi.

Roll Eyes
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 06:42:05 »

Just shows money and supposed 'business sense' does not equate to running a football club properly.

New board slated for being skint cowboys without a clue when they took over, but it appears the wealthy Fitton/Wray/Black and these ridiculous contracts they handed out are still damaging the club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 06:47:17 »

What a cunt.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 06:52:58 »

There is a very good reason why businesses carry out due diligence and obtain indemnities for pre transfer liabilities. There is also a very good reason that chancers don't always win.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 06:57:59 »

This is ridiculous.  Why has it taken until now for the claim to surface?

It does make you wonder if there are other 'compensation' packages that were agreed and subsequently not paid.  I'm pretty sick and tired of the ongoing mess caused by Di Canio et al tbh.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:06:29 »

fucking Italians

I come from a land down-under
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:07:35 »

FFS.
DRS

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:25:46 »

There is a very good reason why businesses carry out due diligence and obtain indemnities for pre transfer liabilities. There is also a very good reason that chancers don't always win.
ah yeah that old chestnut
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:33:17 »

fucking Italians

Oi, don't tar us all with the same brush
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:34:08 »

This is ridiculous.  Why has it taken until now for the claim to surface?

It does make you wonder if there are other 'compensation' packages that were agreed and subsequently not paid.  I'm pretty sick and tired of the ongoing mess caused by Di Canio et al tbh.
This and would just add that not only PDC but Wray and Watkins - the "messiahs" in some people's eyes!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:34:16 »

Couple of points before we go to deep into board bashing on this.

Firstly the payments were due from July 2012 and thus the decision that they were not liable for them was taken well before JedCo took over.

Secondly whilst they did not do DD before they took over, did they not have an extensive DD process taken post takeover, was this not why certain things were delayed.

Thirdly are we sure they don't have any form of indemnity to the previous lot, if nothing else I would expect any payments to Fitton etc for Austin sale (if it ever happens) would be placed in some form of suspense account whilst such claims are sorted.

Finally do we know that they were not already aware of this, I know Jedders has come out and acted all shocked, but if you are fighting any claim be it legitamate or not that would be the stock response for now, if he public acknowledges the existance of the perceived debt it could be used in any future case.

Once again I am not saying all is rosy in the garden, it looks pretty riven with weeds where I am, but can we please have some perspective before everyone piles in and just blames the board for this.
lambourn red

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 07:35:21 »

And if Jed or any other consortium would have done we would be in a completely different place than we are now probably the Conference remember it was Patey and Black who forced the ridiculous timescales for the takeover
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: