Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Collins to Hibs - 200K  (Read 32545 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:57:14 »

Caddis has been unhappy here for fucking ages, nothing to do with the new board. As for Collins, it's not like losing a Parkin, or Cox, or Austin. It's James fucking Collins! Any stick to beat the new board with. Getting fucking tedious now.
If we're shit this season moan and whinge then.

Nope he's not the same quality as those players.

We are still selling our top scorer which isn't exactly a positive step forward.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:57:26 »

Really not that bothered to be honest. He never looked that interested but did have to come off the bench a lot. 200k means we're roughly getting our money back and we can replace him relatively easily..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:57:43 »

I realize that but getting rid of another good player for shit money has done it for me.Why are we getting spurs players alot of them whats the connection now between both clubs what deal has been done with our new owners why all the secrets.
Lets be realistic about this.

We have a budget of £2.9mill or whatever the figure is, we are currently £900k overspending that.

Caddis is probably on £4k a week+ and Collins a similar amount but probably less at about say £3k a week so thats £400k per year of the budget gone on 2 players that do not want to play for Swindon, take into account £175k fee for Caddis and £200k fee for Collins that makes the budget come down to a defecit of @ £200k from the original £900k......we are still one expensive player leaving away from having a budget that is affordable.

Rooney and Benson are both not in the clubs plans so if they left then I am pretty certain that then we would be under the budget so we could make an offer for a more experienced player that we want to come in such as Church or others that have been mentioned.

At the moment our budget was fucked totally by PdC overspending so that has to be addressed first by getting rid of the high earners before there is any left over to spend on experienced player wages as I am sure that we are paying a lot lot less for the Spurs players on loan than we are paying our experienced under acheivers from last season.

I am sure that if we can get rid of these high wage players then the board will allow whoever is in charge to go out and bring in some experience in the positions needed until then we have our hands tied by the massive contracts that these players are on which will not allow us to get the best experienced players in until we have balanced the books on wages.

Yes the board COULD go out and break the budget for the right player....but then we will be in the same situation as we were in under PdC/KMac when we effectively broke the FFP rules and were put under an embargo stopping us signing ANY players at all let alone experienced ones.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:58:19 »

Is everyone going to have the same argument every time a players leaves?

Collins, like Caddis, is not happy at the club and hasn't been for months. Most of his goals came as an impact sub and as herthab states he isn't anywhere near a Austin, Cox or Parkin. £200k is good business.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 12:59:22 »

Think Collins was over rated. Hopefully we can get a better goalscorer in. He had the odd game where he looked a real player but most of the times he was poor i thought. Wasn't big and strong enough to hold up the ball, couldn't win much in the air, he has no pace almost to the point that he is slow. His technique is dodgy, takes lots of heavy touches and air shots. His effort always seemed to be spot on though in fairness. Not convinced he's good enough for the championship, will see how he does in Scotland i guess.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:00:30 »

Decent fee for a player who misses so many chances.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:01:45 »

I want to hear what reg has to say about it all.

We need to balance the books and reduce the budget, people just can't seem to fathom this out!

This board aren't perfect, but for fucks sake let's wait until the season starts before getting the pitchforks out!

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
china red

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:03:29 »

We need to balance the books and reduce the budget, people just can't seem to fathom this out!

This board aren't perfect, but for fucks sake let's wait until the season starts before getting the pitchforks out!

This
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:04:22 »

Exactly.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:05:27 »

Agreed,but my pitchfork is out early this season.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:15:10 »

Hello League 2.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:17:04 »

vintage

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:17:52 »

Do expectations really never go further than promotion or relegation? What about a season of mid table mediocrity?

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:18:44 »

Makes me wonder why some bother following the club if they already know how our season is going to pan out. Save a few quid on season tickets lads.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:19:24 »

Do expectations really never go further than promotion or relegation? What about a season of mid table mediocrity?
we have the most bipolar fans possible
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: