Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237829 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:42:12 »

Ferdinand would be an interesting one. We seem to back (fairly) recently retired ex-players quite well and he's certainly had great experience as a player. I would hope that players like Storey would benefit massively from his arrival.

Only downside is it takes us one step closer to becoming Swindon Hotspurs. I'm all for taking their young talent but to take their coaches too?? I've noticed he is only a 'Forward coach' at Spurs as well. Would we need a 'Defence coach' to be appointed alongisde him?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:42:43 »

Has Les done badges and all that stuff?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:43:58 »

Hmm. I don't get it. You don't care as much because things aren't going well? I think that says more about the individual really.

I've seen so much written on here about how the fans are the lifeblood of any football team, ours in particular, yet now, because things aren't as we'd like at our club (which let's face it has been a soap opera for the best part of 25 years now) we can't be bothered? Paolo was slammed for walking when 'things got a bit tough'. What's the difference? If we're this apathetic towards our club then really.. we don't deserve one.

I feel a bit low about everything, and I am as concerned as the next fan but jeeeez I'll still be there supporting the team!

You have managed to translate somebody who states they are investing less emotional value into what is going on at the club at the moment into somebody that will not be supporting the team.

Good work.  That is almost the happy clapper arguement all over again.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:45:58 »

Happy Clapper and fucking proud mate.

Yes Ferdinand has his badges, according an article from Stan Collymore I read earlier. Will try and find a link.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #319 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:46:06 »

Has Les done badges and all that stuff?
I believe he has yes.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/130608/exclusive-%E2%80%93-les-ferdinand-slams-fa-over-inaccessible-coaching-courses-199262

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:49:15 »

Sir Les comes across as an affable chap, who comes from a traditional extended English footballing family, with historic Spurs connections a bit like Les Allen.... Wink

My main worry would be when he arrives at Calne for training in his chopper, the inhabitants might respond by forming a Melanesian style cargo cult.

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:53:13 »

Arriba your point about the board works both ways. Ive seen nothing thus far to suggest theu are dodgy crooks apart from a thisis poster who apparently claimed to provide evidence to the trust.
all depends how people interpret things. I accept your point though. Personally think many are showing blind faith. Nothing wrong with that as without hope there's no point to anything. I just am naturally more pessimistic by nature I suppose.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:54:23 »

Sir Les comes across as an affable chap, who comes from a traditional extended English footballing family, with historic Spurs connections a bit like Les Allen.... Wink

My main worry would be when he arrives at Calne for training in his chopper, the inhabitants might respond by forming a Melanesian style cargo cult.

Haha, superb.
DRS

« Reply #323 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:55:54 »

One for Reg,if Sir Les is appointed are we the first club to have had two black managers
DRS

« Reply #324 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:57:01 »

all depends how people interpret things. I accept your point though. Personally think many are showing blind faith. Nothing wrong with that as without hope there's no point to anything. I just am naturally more pessimistic by nature I suppose.
I think your Arsenal bias is coming out  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:58:42 »

I don't want to worry anyone, but I did take this picture when I rode through Calne earlier.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:58:47 »

The last question in this article suggests he is now chopperless

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/one-on-one/111/article.aspx

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:01:02 »

I think your Arsenal bias is coming out  Wink
ha. Was waiting for that. Would be equally concerned if it was arsenal using us as a development team. Well almost  Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:06:25 »

Happy Clapper and fucking proud mate.

Yes Ferdinand has his badges, according an article from Stan Collymore I read earlier. Will try and find a link.

You like to misinturpret don't you.  I didn't say you were a happy clapper, but you knock yourself out and read it how you want.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:10:13 »

No betting on it in Stan James!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: